WRX or Saab 900 Intercooler

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

bignose
First Gear

WRX or Saab 900 Intercooler

Post by bignose »

Both of them are of similar price ranges on E-bay, which one would be best for my 1994 turbo wagon ?

By best, i'd like to consider
- cooling capacity
- ease of installation

I do plan on getting either a wrx hood scoop or one of the big scoops of the imprezza outback sports, i wonder how well they fit. In any case i'll need to get it painted.

thanks.
-----

http://www.bignose.ca/legacy/pics/
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Liberty RS Air-Water Intercooler. Leave your turbo heat shield and scoop ducting in place. Don't melt all your wire looms. Don't try to shove a interheater under the hood. Just my opinion :D .

Oh, by the way. Friend of mine has just turned his WRX back into stock form. He needs $ and is selling his Front Mount Intercooler for VERY cheap. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, he just wants it off of his hands. He's about to move cross country. I'll probably put it on e-bay for him soon. Unless one of you guys wanted to nab it. I'll post under the parts section, too.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

The wrx i/c probably has better cooling but the saab 900 i/c is probably going to be a lot easier to install and still give you plenty of cooling. I got the saab i/c( haven't piped it in yet) and wrx scoop( haven't cut it in yet) so we'll see. A lot of folks have put in the saabs and are happy. :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]