Subiesport Magazine

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

jake15
Fourth Gear

Subiesport Magazine

Post by jake15 »

First off this magazine is awesome!!!! for those of you that havent you should take out a subscription. there is also mention of legacycentral in there, right above kelley's "perfection motorsports" add.
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

More info?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

its got a 470 hp forester, 2.5rs suspension swap (2005), pics from wcss6, pics from a couple rallys, readers rides, drum-to-disk conversion on an impreza wagon, adds, and a bunch of other cool stuff. in conclusion.. buy the magazine, like i said before its awesome.
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

Is my car in iT? Still waiting for my copy. I heard the 1st issue is going to showcase the WCSS6.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

kind of, you can see it in the background of one of the pictures.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Man!!! You got yours already??? I'm still waiting for mine as well!
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
ricochet
In Neutral

Post by ricochet »

jake15 wrote:kind of, you can see it in the background of one of the pictures.
I would have liked to have had more of WCSS6 in the mag...but just didn't have the space. Hopefully the rest makes up for it ;)

Also, for some reason we seem to be a magnet for older legacy project cars. We have a '96 coming online in a few issues and...most likely...we'll eventually end up with an early-nineties turbo in the stable.

:roll: :wink:
Ryan Douthit
Subiesport TV
http://www.subiesport.tv
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

scan the pages. 19 bucks for 6 issues is abit too much
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
syphon
First Gear

Post by syphon »

azn2nr wrote:scan the pages. 19 bucks for 6 issues is abit too much
It's kinda rude of you to ask someone to scan the pages in... especially immediately following a post by the magazine's publisher/editor/whatever he does!

When does this thing hit newsstands? I'm considering a subscription but want to buy a couple first.

Also, you call a '96 older? Where's the love for the '90 turbo leggys? ;-)
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Yeah, what kind of....?? Considering just about any car magazine costs $4, why would you try to undercut someone focusing solely on the cars you like?? Wow. Borrow one, Nimrod.

And I better see this thing in my mailbox coming up in the next day or 2 :evil: :D
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

think of it as browsing. its not like i wanted to see the san of all of the pages. just a few of note. as i would flip thourugh at a news stand i could flip thorugh online b/c their not availble at my local news stand so far as ive checked
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Well, i paid for a subscription for a subaru magazine, not a WRX magazine. So i hope there's a wide array of subaru's. From EA81's to EJ22T to EG33... i wanna see them all :)

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

I just subscribed, i hope it isnt just another "RICER" mag, i already get those, i want to see all years, all models, and good usefull info.
Proud owner of a 1991 Silver 5MT
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks
1991 White 5MT(Sold to Friend), AKA BINFORD

"KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SUBARU"
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

2nr, the magazine is coming to newsstands, so get out a whopping 4 or 5 bucks and pick one up and see what you think before making a comment like that...

I'm waiting patiently for mine too, and if I'm correct, the magazine is based out of FL, so I should get mine early ;)
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

:cry: Sorry :cry:
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks

ricochet
In Neutral

Post by ricochet »

subyluvr2212 wrote:I'm waiting patiently for mine too, and if I'm correct, the magazine is based out of FL, so I should get mine early ;)
Nope, based out of Kirkland, WA--about as far away from Florida as you can get :wink:

-R
Ryan Douthit
Subiesport TV
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

dont worry about variety quite yet, they had that brat with the xt6 engine and the 12 inch lift on it along with a rally justy. i cant wait for the next issue
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

ricochet wrote:
subyluvr2212 wrote:I'm waiting patiently for mine too, and if I'm correct, the magazine is based out of FL, so I should get mine early ;)
Nope, based out of Kirkland, WA--about as far away from Florida as you can get :wink:

-R
Hmm, I thought I saw something on your website that had a FL address in it... Guess not.

You woulda thought that you being at the WCSS woulda told me that, but I'm too stupid to figure that out :roll: :lol:

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
ricochet
In Neutral

Post by ricochet »

Oh yeah, Florida is where our subscription office is. Editorial is run out of Washington state.
Ryan Douthit
Subiesport TV
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Gotcha!

*Formerly DerFahrer*

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Legacytuner wrote::cry: Sorry :cry:
not you :)

anyway, I got my copy today, there's a pic of Jason's car in it :D

ryan, the mag is put together quite nicely, a bit on the small side but quite nice. Are you guys mainly going to stick with just one old-gen car mainly? Is there going to be a readers ride section in each issue? Thanks for some excellent reading material.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Excellent my ass! Good thing my Petersons 4Wheel Drive mag showed up today too... gives me something to look at while im whiping my ass with SubieSport.

I knew it would be full of impreza's... but didnt think it would be to this extent. Out of 66 pages, there were probably 5-6 NON-imprezas in it. Not a single Legacy was mentioned unless 2 pages of mine were stuck together and I missed one.

Scotts Lifted Brat was the only thing I could actually read. I waited 2 months to read a review of the WCSS6 and the only thing there were 8 photo's and a paragraph on the show... took 2 seconds to view the section i waited for... and there was only 1 picture of a subaru lineup, which was like 1/4 of the actual vehicle turnout. Very Very VERY Disapointing.

Plus... I'm sure Import Racer magazine already beat you guys to the "How to turn your car into a STi" article. As a matter of fact, im sure EVERY import auto magazine in print since 1994 has done that article.

And what did i-club do to deserve an entire page devoted to themselfs? They got more print than any Legacy, EA81, EA82 or SVX... and you didnt even have the common courtesy to include the USMB. Which is open to ANY subaru enthusiast... but you have 5 URLs to WRX boards.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

I guess im not sorry for the comment i made :lol:

ricochet
In Neutral

Post by ricochet »

TheSubaruJunkie wrote:Excellent my ass! Good thing my Petersons 4Wheel Drive mag showed up today too... gives me something to look at
Input is good, and believe it or not I appreciate your candid post. Keep in mind that with your feedback the magazine can only get better. As I type this one of our writers is mud-bogging with Tex in his lifted GL somewhere in the forests of Washington. I'm also taking delivery of our next project car in a few weeks: a 96 Legacy that's going to be built up for gravel TSD rallies and Rally-X. Some day we'll also take on an old-school turbo legacy, but not quite yet.

Beyond that, I would like to point out that there was not a single Legacy owner to submit a car for Reader Rides. If it's not submitted I can't print it. All magazines--Subiesport being no different--rely on the participation of readership to determine the content that goes in. If there is a BC/BF Legacy that has a story worth telling and its owner can set time aside for an interview and photos, well, I haven't heard from them.

USMB is a great forum, and neither it nor several other major forums were included in the round-up because their owners did not get back to me in time. NASIOC isn't included either, if you'll notice, and like it or hate it, you have to admit it's a major influence on the Subaru community as a whole. But I didn't hear back from them in time, either.

Lastly, the brake and suspension swap articles are universal to almost any model after 1990, just because we used Impreza's doesn't make them any less applicable to Legacy owners.

First issues are always a bit bumpy. However, with a little patience and input, we can make Subiesport something that everyone will look forward to. Though, I would avoid using it to clean oneself...those inks aren't exactly hypo-allergenic. ;)

Cheers,
Ryan Douthit
Subiesport TV
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

USMB is a great forum, and neither it nor several other major forums were included in the round-up because their owners did not get back to me in time. NASIOC isn't included either, if you'll notice, and like it or hate it, you have to admit it's a major influence on the Subaru community as a whole. But I didn't hear back from them in time, either.
Dude... you spoke directly to me at the WCSS. Maybe I shoulda made it clear that I was a Moderator at USMB. We dont really have an "owner".

I didnt wanna say what I had to say, but im very disapointed. I will await the 2nd issue, in hopes for a wider array of subaru literature.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner