Group N Tranny mount-old engine mounts

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Group N Tranny mount-old engine mounts

Post by kleinkid »

I just had a STI Group N transmission mount installed in my 91SS 5m/t. The original engine mounts are still in. Are there any problems that this combination of new and old monts may present? One that is occurring now that I need to correct is that the with the new tranny mount is the transmission sits a little higher and that has caused my CES TBE(which has a bracket that bolts to the transmission) to sit higher and now contactsa brace under the car. New tranny mount-old engine mounts==Problem??? What is your opinion?
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Modify framework.

Post by kleinkid »

I removed a tranny mount crossmember and used a cutting blade and modified it to make room for the CES pipe. There is 3/8" clearance now. Solved vibration problem the pipe was making.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The group N tranny mounts shouldn't cause your transmission to sit higher....

I have the CES TBE on my car with the Group N tranny mount, and it fits fine. No rubbing problems with my setup. I wonder why you are having problems? Perhaps the worn engine mounts are sagging slightly, causing the transmission to be TILTED, rather than raised?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
simonasaur
First Gear

Post by simonasaur »

Same thing happened to me, I installed just the tranny mount {motor mounts should be in next week} and now my down pipe is rattling against one of the braces like crazy. I cut a little piece of silicone tubing and squezed it in between, it helped a little. If the motor mounts don't solve the problem { Im skepticle they will} then im not sure what to do. I dont really want to cut the brace.
looking for a 93-01 impreza shell!!! pm me
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The motor mounts will solve the problem.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

I put engine and tranny mounts (group N) in at the same time and had no problems at all.
The stock mounts suck. Replace them all.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt