Bad News

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Bad News

Post by J-MoNeY »

My dad came home drunk and wanted to race cars. He's got an 88 GL-10 wagon. I've got a 92 5pseed SS. We get out on the highway and I drop it into 3rd and low an behold he hangs with me. Almost pulls me untill about 60.

I was pretty dissapointed in the ole scoobs performance. :oops:

My only mods are a K&N, mugged, Diamond coil pack, FCD, Blitz DC-2.
98 LGT
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Huh... so you took him out on the highway DRUNK? Great judgement call, Captain.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, or anything, and I realize you
do live in a state where just about anything goes, but honestly, you can't control someone lse, especially when they're inebriated and DRIVING A VEHICLE!!
Expect to get flamed on this one, pal. Just warning you..
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

It's because you were in 3rd gear headed to 60mph. Should have been in 2nd, and shifted to 3rd at 60.

Oh, and drunk driving is bad.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:Huh... so you took him out on the highway DRUNK? Great judgement call, Captain.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, or anything, and I realize you
do live in a state where just about anything goes, but honestly, you can't control someone lse, especially when they're inebriated and DRIVING A VEHICLE!!
Expect to get flamed on this one, pal. Just warning you..
Perhaps I should have elaborated a bit, so that I could escape these moronic comments. By "drunk", I mean that he had maybe 1-2(3.2) beers, which would make him toatally shitfaced and have abosoutely no idea where he is :roll: .

Either way, point being that I was suprized with the Ea-82T's power, esp. with an auto in it.
98 LGT
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

You'd be surprised at your car too, if you kept it in the right gear ;). 2nd redlines right around 60mph.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I'll race him sometime :-|
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I get it. The point of the post was that you were a little chagrined after racing a car older than yours. Phil's right though, push that baby to redline, our cars make mad top end.
..well, at least my 91FWD did..
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

J-MoNeY wrote: Perhaps I should have elaborated a bit, so that I could escape these moronic comments. By "drunk", I mean that he had maybe 1-2(3.2) beers, which would make him toatally shitfaced and have abosoutely no idea where he is :roll: .

Either way, point being that I was suprized with the Ea-82T's power, esp. with an auto in it.
you said he was drunk, who gives a fuck how many it takes. oh shit i feel so stupid now, he was only a little drunk. i feel so bad for you that you felt ridiculed when you posted on a public forum that you and your dad not only raced, but he was drunk. bravo chap.

dont post stuff you should know to be embarrassed to brag about and then cry when someone busts your balls for being a knucklehead x2. :oops:
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

I don't like debating semantics with you or anyone else. I could care less if I get "flamed" for it. The point was the GL suprised me, end of story. If you personally would like to discuss your problem with my post in person you can gladly head out to Colorado and I will talk to you face to face and give you all the rest of the info to make you feel better about yourself, instead of this keyboard warrior shit.

Back on topic or just lock it.

- Thanks
98 LGT
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Re: Bad News

Post by Kelly »

J-MoNeY wrote:My dad came home drunk and wanted to race cars..
HA HA HA, SWEET.
LedJetta
Vendor
Vendor

Post by LedJetta »

J-MoNeY wrote:I don't like debating semantics with you or anyone else. I could care less if I get "flamed" for it. The point was the GL suprised me, end of story. If you personally would like to discuss your problem with my post in person you can gladly head out to Colorado and I will talk to you face to face and give you all the rest of the info to make you feel better about yourself, instead of this keyboard warrior shit.

Back on topic or just lock it.

- Thanks
ill be out in 25 hours, quit yer crying tough guy. 8)

p.s. you COULDN'T care less. and i dont feel bad about myself i feel bad about you. :shock:
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

LedJetta wrote: ill be out in 25 hours, quit yer crying tough guy. 8)
See ya soon...
98 LGT
Warp3
First Gear

Post by Warp3 »

Don't forget that an 88 GL-10 wagon is about 400 lbs or so lighter than a 5MT Legacy SS as well which definitely doesn't hurt him. :)

(...and the pre-87 and/or sedan models are even lighter. The factory spec'ed curb weight on my '86 5MT RX Sedan is only 2520 lbs compared to over 3200 lbs for my '91 4EAT Legacy SS and 2840 lbs for my '99 5MT 2.5RS!)
Shane
2006 Subaru WRX TR
1989 Toyota MR2
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Now, Now, boys.. we're just tryna keep everyone safe.. none of you can beat me to the grave, understand?
Are you really gonna go out to CO and see J-MoNeY, LedJetta? haha, you guys sound like you's gon' fight..

YEAH!
I got five on it!
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ya, by now you shoulda known better than to say something like that on these forums. Godda love gettin preeched at by the safety nazis. :roll:

Oh, and be sure and post video of the fight, for discussion perposes ofcorse. :)
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Hey, if they go and umm.. 'altercate', does it count as a mini-meet that they have to report back on?
:lol:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
Nomake Wan
Second Gear

Post by Nomake Wan »

I think it does!

"Oh man, and then he threw a damn left hook, and there was blood all over... so I gave him a nice uppercut to the family jewels while I was down... yeah... it was AWESOME..."
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/762395]1990 Legacy L (Sold)[/url]
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564067]1992 SVX LS-L[/url]
[quote="LaureltheQueen"]I like my automatic, it's fun to drink coffee and smoke civics at the same time[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Hmm i don't know the other person but j-money is about my height around 6'4 and probably a little over 210.

If you tape it, get a good cameraman. I wish i would have had a camera on new years when that dude pulled a hammer out of his pants after getting his arse kicked.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Meet me at the bike racks at 3:00 biatch!

I think this would definitely qualify as a mini meet. Although I don't think it will be sponsored or sanctioned by LC. ;)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

hehe, yeah.. the bike racks. Or the park. My school had a park nearby, and we'd always go there to fight.. although no one ever fought, it was only Jr Hi.. But still, our bull-dyke assistant principal would show up with her offensive haircut and walkie, and threaten to call the cops first, and then our parents.. plus, she was takin' names so she could bitch at everyone that was there the next day at school..
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]