Finally have some pic's of my rally car

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LegacyPGT
In Neutral

Finally have some pic's of my rally car

Post by LegacyPGT »

Well I finally have some pictures of my rally car out on in internet.
You can check them out at this site. http://vega-vibe.com/gallery/view_album ... me=album07
and right now as she sit's, she is all ready for the Rally America national championship next month and i was invited.
Mike
02 WRX Sport Wagon -- For Sale--
2000 Impreza Wagon daily beater.
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Welcome to the rally world in a Legacy! Bullet proof they are,gearbox??? I've had so much fun in mine I you do too!

Cheers

Chris

LegacyPGT
In Neutral

Post by LegacyPGT »

yea the car is pretty much bullet proof except the gearbox, i had to rebuild it after ojibwe forest, but all you need to do is get the right clutch and don't totally beat the snot out of them and they should last...a little bit longer. :twisted:
also rally370 you should come out and run the 100aw/trespassers- will next month, then there could a battle of the legacy's. :twisted:
Mike
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

Mike...

I'll be working 100AW. I'll look you up...
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Mike

I have spent to much time and cash on the car lately so I have to do some other stuff with the family.Plus it's quite a trip out there and I don't have the holidays.
Rob the other Legacy is going to try and make it if he can find a Turbo 5 speed box on the west coast.

I have a good clutch now but I think the box if knackered! I have just found one local and hope to use that. I will do a few rally -X's and then Rim in May.

Have fun in the woods!!!

Cheers

Chris
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

right clutch
what clutch are you using? i am about to start building a 91 turbo legacy rally car and the clutch is shot. which one do you siggest and i am kind of on a budget? I am just going to be rallycrossing it in the beginning and maybe someday move on to ClubRally.
-Max
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

hey mike, forgot to tell you how good the new paint looks!
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
LegacyPGT
In Neutral

Post by LegacyPGT »

Thanks greg on the complement, and i use a ACT with a heavy duty pressure plate and a street disk. So far after 2 Pro rally's and a handfull of rallycross's it works great. I figure that a street disk would be friendler on the gearbox, than a 4 puck or 6 puck harsh engagement that would defentally gernade the gearbox.
But I will be able to add another rally on that clutch after this weekend, as i'll be playing down at 100aw/tw rally :twisted:
Mike
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

personally i stay away from the ACT, too on/off for my likes. on the impreza I helped build (using all turbo legacy bits, so it was really a legacy in an impreza body) we used a forester pressure plate with a Group N clutch disc. We never broke a tranny and were definitely competitive.

Oh, and change your tranny fluid after EVERY event, if not after every night of racing.
-Jason Grahn
subarurx
In Neutral

Post by subarurx »

we run an albins gearkit, and that broke last year, good ol second shat a tooth off. we do have 315BHP though, so that might have sometihng to do with it.

have been thinking, a gearbox cooler would be a great idea to keep the temps down, as that is what will do the damage. might be on the list at th end of the season.

the blue and white legacy looks nice, go any other pics of the car, what are the specs of it?
REDHILLS RALLYESPORT
http://www.redhillsbenz.co.nz
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

subarurx wrote:
the blue and white legacy looks nice, go any other pics of the car, what are the specs of it?
not my car but im a little familiar w/it.

since it is a Production class car it is pretty much bone stock.

boost is free but we have a 34mm restrictor to work around.

suspenders are KYB agx w/ ground controll coilover conversion kit. seems to work good enough on the smooth rally roads in middle america.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan