Lost

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Lost

Post by greg donovan »

any of you watchign this show?

it is by far the best thing on tv now.

pair this up w/24 and you have some amazing TV.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

24 rocks

I don't watch it weekly on television though, I wait. and buy the sets on dvd's and watch em in a weekend. MUCH better show that way.

No having to wait and wait for a week to see what happens next
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

24 = teh suxors.

seriously the last thing i liked with keifer sutherland was dark city and phone booth but he wasnt exactly in that.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

azn2nr wrote:24 = teh suxors.

seriously the last thing i liked with keifer sutherland was dark city and phone booth but he wasnt exactly in that.
if it werent for your love of subarus i would swear you have very poor taste.

24 is an amazingly well crafted piece of television.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

So is Pimp My Ride and Tuner Transformations
-Jason Grahn
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Man, I'm glad I don't bother with TV.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

im verry picky when it comes to tv and movies. if its writen well and not acted well the whole thing goes down the drain.

ie: the world is not enough. the whole movie was great until brosnan says that line. just killed it.

i wached 24 a couple times and more than a few parts rubbed me the wrong way so i never went back.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Yeah.. I haven't jumped onto the whole Desperate Housewives bandwagon yet, either.. I think I'd rather just watch this fad from a distance..
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I have never loved, and hated a TV show as much as Pimp My Ride. X-to-the-Z Xzibit can certaintly "pimp" some cars. The VW Van was awesome though.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

azn2nr wrote:im verry picky when it comes to tv and movies. if its writen well and not acted well the whole thing goes down the drain.
Quit pretending your a TV Snob. We now you watch reruns of Melrose Place with rutheless abandon.
-Jason Grahn
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

azn2nr wrote:im verry picky when it comes to tv and movies. if its writen well and not acted well the whole thing goes down the drain.

ie: the world is not enough. the whole movie was great until brosnan says that line. just killed it.

i wached 24 a couple times and more than a few parts rubbed me the wrong way so i never went back.
thats the problem you need to watch more than a few episodes of 24 to fully enjoy it. but hey, differnt strokes.

jack bauer is one hard ass son of a bitch.

so no one watches lost?
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

I used to watch Lost but kinda lost interest after a few episodes. I'll take a good episode of 24 anyday. Jack Bauer is a bad ass
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Subaru_Nation555 wrote:I used to watch Lost but kinda lost interest after a few episodes. I'll take a good episode of 24 anyday. Jack Bauer is a bad ass
you should have kept it up. last two were effing awesome.

spoilers ahead

last night we learned that walt, the 10 year old boy, can make things happen.

like when he was reading about a bird and his mom wasnt paying attention to him that species of bird slammed into the window and died. and later when he was reading the comic book on the island his dad got pissed and tossed it into the fire and the last panel walt was reading was the one w/a raging ploar bear on it. and guess what. walt was attacked by a polar bear. the last time we saw a polar bear was shortly after walt found the comic the day of the crash.

and at the end the pregnant girl showed up at the end after being missing for a week after being abducted by "others" who were allready on the island only she was pretty beat up and no longer pregnant. and she didnt have the baby w/her.

earlier we learned that she saw a psychic in australia who convenced her that she had to go to L.A. and it had to be on this particular flight. this was a psychic that was totally freaked out by what he saw when he tried to do a reading on her and isisted she was the only one who could raise the child.

we also learned that locke is a regional sales manager at a box company and a paraplegic before the crash. yet now is one bad mofo and everyones hero on the island.

we also learned that boone and shannon are step brother and sister not related by blood. she had been scamming her brother for money for years and he came to her "rescue" in australia and her plan backfired and she gets drunk and seduces a none to reluctant brother boone to sleep w/her.

also in the search for the missing claire locke and boone discover a hatch burried on the ground in the jungle that they cannot open.

this is one hell of a show. it has taken 14 episodes to come together and it has been worth every minute. it just makes me want more and more. it is so damn clever and creative.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
Cliff2.2
First Gear

Post by Cliff2.2 »

Best show on TV. I have every episode on my computer in HDTV.
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

i'm gonna get the dvds, i watched an episode while i was at my mom's and fell in love
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

LaureltheQueen wrote:i'm gonna get the dvds, i watched an episode while i was at my mom's and fell in love
I watched and episode of Cool Devices at my moms. I won't say I fell in love, but I will say that no one else was home at the time so.....

I suppose I'll stop there.
-Jason Grahn