Ever been in a gay bar?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Ever been in a gay bar?

Post by Tleg93 »

I knew that would grab people's attention. :)

First off, let me start out by saying that, for the record, I'm not gay.

I was coerced by my bud's wife and a couple other female friends into going into this gay bar in town last night during the city's Mardi Gras celebration. I wasn't going to go in but they talked me into it and I was just a wee bit curious so I figured what the hell. Lol, it was strange to be sure. I think somehow folks knew I was straight but I did get a couple of 'slow glances'. It was basically what I expected. Oh, the bathrooms were meticulously clean. There were some women in there who kept eyeing me up....curious. I'm not sure what that was about but someone told me that some hetero girls go to gay bars to avoid the jockish and cro-mag types.

Has anyone else been in a gay bar? Just asking. This thread will probably get like no responses.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah I've been. The times I've been were when big name dj's were in town, they played at the club. There were quite a few hetereo people in there as well.

But yeah....usually there's straight girls that go with their gay guy friends, or they just want to do a girls night out and go dancing. Gay clubs typically have the best dance music.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Ever been in a gay bar?

Post by entirelyturbo »

creel wrote:First off, let me start out by saying that, for the record, I'm not gay.
creel wrote:I wasn't going to go in but they talked me into it and I was just a wee bit curious
Kinda contradictory dontcha think? ;)

LOL j/k j/k, I'm playin... :lol:

There is a gay hotel that was literally 2 minutes from my grandparents' old house, it's on a road called South Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, or "South OBT" for short. If you're 1) a queer or 2) looking for a hooker, everyone knows you go to South OBT. The place is called Parliament House, and if for some reason that you don't want to share that you're actually interested :shock: :lol: it's www.parliamenthouse.com
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

My friend in New York goes to them a lot to pick up women, but he says it's starting to suck as other monkeys have figured it out and are doing the same thing.

I had another friend (big black dude, totally and unquestionably straight which makes it funny) who would go to gay bars when broke as guys will buy him drinks. He claims he went there the first time by mistake and thought it was odd how there weren't any women there and yet the place was so clean.

Been to a heavily gay populated club afew times, but never a strict gay bar. However, with all the overwhelming amount of sausage that shows up at your average bar around here, I might as well have been to a bunch of them. More women in the world than men, my ass!

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Yeah, I've been too. Wanted to hear the live band.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

my friend's and my mom were in downtown omaha to bail me out of jail after getting arrested and had to wait around because the computers at the jail were down. My friend leo wanted to go into a bar while they were waiting but my mom stopped him and pointed out the rainbow on the window and the triangle on the roof and told him he might not like it as much as he thought.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

I used to live in west hollywood.
nuff said.
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

just in mexico... I was there with my mom, her partner, and my gay friend... I was the only straight one in our group. lol
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

wait your mom had a female partner?
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I've had gay friends, but never been to their bars.. any fun, though?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I've never been. I've been to a titty bar, with a lesiban female friend, but that was about it. That was cool though, a male gay bar would not be cool.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
G-reg
Second Gear

Post by G-reg »

A group of friends, myself and my GF included, wandered into the wrong bar in Minneapolis. My GF actually enjoyed it, at my expense. You see, she gets really jealous and pissed if a girl is checking me out or flirting with me….but apparently me being hit on by gay guys is F’in hilarious.
Missing a 92 L Wagon, Enjoying an 05 RS Wagon
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Gay guys have checked me out, but never approached me.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

:lol:

Steve
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

My mom's gay
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

I wish one of my friends would come out of the closet already. Then I could finally learn how to dress.
98 LGT
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Legacy777 wrote:Yeah I've been. The times I've been were when big name dj's were in town, they played at the club. There were quite a few hetereo people in there as well.

But yeah....usually there's straight girls that go with their gay guy friends, or they just want to do a girls night out and go dancing. Gay clubs typically have the best dance music.
Ditto!! I'll second the dance music thing. One of my friends, LeniK, is actually one of the better house djs I've heard thus far, and his sexual orientation is a little on the "alternative" side.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I can't go in them bars.. my ex confirmed what I already knew to be true: I'm a man magnet. Gay dudes check me out ALL the friggin' time. Heck, I was practically solicted by a young black gay debate coach at one of the last debate tourny's I attended my soph year. *shiver* I hate thinking about that.. him and his blue fro.. arm around me.. girly voice. All I was interested in was his cute asian student.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

My ex girlfriend had a gay friend. He called me hot... to my face. I felt very uncomfortable after that. :(

tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

yes, it's all VERY uncomfortable when you're confronted with it.
It's like you wanna run, scream, and take a shower, but you don't wanna hurt their feelings either, so you smile, and laugh it off. Later, you vomit and drink 'til you can repress the memory.
*shiver*
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Shit, I'd just think it was funny and joke about it. Most of the gay guys I've met have great senses of humor. Lesbians not so much so I don't joke much with them.

Steve
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Can't say I've been in a gay bar but my first semester freshman year roommate turned out to be gay. We all knew it. He thought I was a redneck hick so I wasn't worried and he brought around some very nice young women, often. Kid on the tennis team was gay, I know go figure, but he was an alright guy. Way I see it, if some dude hits on me, whatever, but after I've made myself clear he better not do it again.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

And does it matter?

Look out for who you tick off. I have about 20 gay friends. Some are doctors, lawyers and proffessionals. Some are drunks. Some like nothing better than kicking your ass if you open your mouth. And they are all just people.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:yes, it's all VERY uncomfortable when you're confronted with it.
It's like you wanna run, scream, and take a shower, but you don't wanna hurt their feelings either, so you smile, and laugh it off. Later, you vomit and drink 'til you can repress the memory.
*shiver*
I know the feeling. However, it does put into perspective what women must go thru with all the guys at clubs.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]