16g installed. fuel question

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

16g installed. fuel question

Post by azn2nr »

finaly got my 16g installed. it works pretty good. my butt dyno says the vf39 is faster but it was also running more boost than the 16g is now for some reason on the same stock boost control.

boost controler is on its way, does anyone think its safe to run 15 psi on a stock fuel pump.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

No. It's not. You will, at some point, acheive fuel cut because the pump will not sufficiently flow.

The 16g flows more on an EJ20, than a VF22 does. The VF39 is smaller than the VF22.

I've always been wondering, what Brembo's do you have?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

oe replacements that i had cryoed. they still get the shakes after 30 mins of sprited driving in a canyon near me. i need new wheels so i can fit some willowoods
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Geez, back when I had the car the 16g was a rareity. Nowadays, you'd think the car came stock with it!!

Good to know everyone is getting one... wish I had a turbo :cry:
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

they still are quite rare seeing as how including you im only the 5th or 6th person to get one here on the board and not to mention i had given up and boutght a different turbo before i even got this one.
-jason
Mackenzie
In Neutral

Post by Mackenzie »

where could you get the 16g that bolts up? where could you get a vf39?
Young Squack
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Mackenzie wrote:where could you get the 16g that bolts up? where could you get a vf39?
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... 92&start=0
98 LGT