Whoo Hoo!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Kelly
Fourth Gear

Whoo Hoo!

Post by Kelly »

So my tags have been expired since September. I took out my car today, and had to go to my work, to get my scedule. There just happens to be a DEQ station near my work. So I think, "what the hell, I'll run my car through, just for the hell of it", thinking theres no way I'll pass emissions.

I get in the lane without the rollers, and theres two cars in front of me. First is a VW Caddy. The inspector opens the hood, takes out the mirror, looks underneath, and sends the guy on his way, without even hooking up the sniffer. Im thinkin "shit, theres nothing under my car that even slightly resembles a cat" Then theres a newer GMC truck, totally stock. She runs the mirror under it, scans the OBD, the guy pays, and goes on his way.

Then as I pull up, her supervisor walks up, and tells her shes closed. She throws the sniffer in my tailpipe, puts the scanner on the hood (never opens it) and I go through the test.

IT PASSES! I gave her money, got my tags, and ran like hell!!!

Thats right. No cat, Obviouslly modded exhaust, No muffler, Dead 02 sensor. My lucky fucking day. Imma throw a party.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

:lol: Sweet! That's awesome.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Timing is everything
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

haha dats great. i wonder if i'll pass without a cat up here... :?
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Hehe that's awesome. Down here I know a shop I can take my car to if need be where all they do is check lights, tell you to put your foot on the brake and two guys push on the car. If it doesn't move and nothing falls out of the bottom of the car while you're there he passes you.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

hahah wat the heck.
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project
92 Le-Turbo-SS
First Gear

Post by 92 Le-Turbo-SS »

thank god for OBDI cars
[quote="Yukonart"]Take what money you have left, buy some beer, and drunk drift that biatch later tonight! :lol:[/quote]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

thats asome dude. im dreading the test next year. i aged 5 years in the month it took to pass the car
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
isotopeman
Second Gear

Post by isotopeman »

Sadly, we don't have any inspection process at all. It's scary what some people drive.
δ13/12C = -17.7 ‰
δ15/14N = 9.4 ‰
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

We dont really have an "inspection" process either, just strict emission laws. Kinda funny actually. As long as it doesnt pollute, leak, of fall apart right there on the dyno, it passes.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

isotopeman wrote:Sadly, we don't have any inspection process at all. It's scary what some people drive.
yeah, some of the redneck trucks around here have some scary ass stuff on em. rebar drag link :puke:, rag gas cap, bald 44" thornbirds and 4' of lift etc. there are a lot of fenderless rock jeeps running around which I have no problem with though. try running no fenders in CA!
Inspection is a double edged sword though. Ive had cars that were perfectly safe to everyone, yet would definitely not pass a MA inspection due to rust and such.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

They won't pass you because of RUST? wtf?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

If you can cut yourself rubbing the vehicle, then it won't pass (though why assholes are rubbing your car is my question). It doesn't have to look pretty, though, you can slap some bondo over it and call it a day. Of course, there can't be any obvious structural rot either.

I'm glad for it. The shit that people drove (and abandoned ... in the middle of on ramps) around Detroit (which has no inspection) were a danger to vereyone. If you've seen 8 Mile, Eminem's car is a perfect example of the average poor car around there.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.