Subaru Factory

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Subaru Factory

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

Here she is everyone! The pics I took suck a$$ big time because it was almost dark. I used photoshop to salvage what I could. I will go back and get some daytime snaps when I get the time. There are 30 shots at:

http://www.anavey.com/SIA

Here are 3 pics below to wet the appetite.

Enjoy!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
redesigning my '93 Leg Wag in my head...and then looking at my bank account...and crying.

Cant believe there are more of me out there!!!
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

Wow, thats a lot of outbacks, and that ugly thing whatever they call it.
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
professor
Third Gear

Post by professor »

I'd hate to be the poor environmental engineer who has to liscence all those roof stacks
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

That is so awesome. Thank you. :D More pics would be appreciated!
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Thanks for taking these pictures, 93EJ22-Loosy. Way cool.

Good eyes, Josh!
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

My pictures do zero justice. I need to rent a bigger lens and really show you guys the overwhelming size of that parking lot. I also saw a tower I am going to try and climb to get a better angle. I will let you all know when i get it. I saw that first gen too josh. That was my where is waldo for y'all...glad someone caught it. I almost didn't add the pic until I realized that was there.

I am also gonna try and take a tour so I will see what I can get going in that regard.

It used to be Subaru Isuzu of America (SIA) now they dropped Isuzu (duh) and it is changed to Subaru Indiana Automotive.

Thats your history lesson for today!
redesigning my '93 Leg Wag in my head...and then looking at my bank account...and crying.

AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Thanks for the cool pics.
It would be so fun to pick up a new Legacy fresh off the line and drive it home. Too bad they don't offer that.
90 L+ wgn
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Cool pics.

Who's up for an omage (sp?) back to our 'homeland'?
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

*Homage, but I think you Pilgrimage.
Most often used in religious contexts, particularly with regard to Muslim trips to Mecca. :D

...But that would be one hell of an LCO National Meet. Hafta plan that YEARS in advance, just so everyone could schedule it in..
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

skid542:

you can come on out anytime...call the damn trip what ever you want! I just noticed you are from blacksburg...I went there to chill at VT for a weekend a couple years back. You have some fun hills to drive in...any good spots or stories to share?

I think everyone should pay homeage, AWD a pilgrimage into 5th gear and come on over for a Subie day. I saw an F150 this morning we could all take turns pulling outa the mud!! (which I have done by the way...he was quite embarrassed and me without a camera...what luck i tell ya)

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I've actually been to the "homeland" Subie factory in Yajima, Japan, as some of you may remember, back in 2001. No photos allowed, but i got a few snaps before i realized this. I'd like to get to the IN plant one day.

Very cool.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Here's some pics, for those interested:

Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

That is AMAZING...you are now officially my hero. I wanna go to Japan so bad to see that. Yeah, the guards started to come towards me when I was by one of the guard stands...I just left real quick and drove to the next corner. They probably had me on film saying, crap, mitsubishi is at it again.

THanks again for sharing those pics. Truly awesome!

nubs
First Gear

Post by nubs »

I along with my fellow members from the SVX Network
took a tour at the SIA plant back in 2002. We were in Lafayette for the SVX 10th anniversary meet. I highly recommend taking the tour if you can.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

First off my disclaimer - I'm an engineer and can't spell for shit, I'm doing good just to spell engineer right :). But at least I had the right idea with the people going to Mecca.

Loosy, glad to see another member who's been around VT and thanks for the invite, if you're ever back in Bburg hollar at me, I live in the middle of downtown. I grew up in Christiansburg though, about 5mi away for those who don't know. And yes, we do have some very fun roads to drive :). Did you get a chance go hit Harding -> Lusters Gate -> Ellot? That's a superbly sweet asphault road, I don't know what the engineers were thinking but they made such a nice road. I however have always been more into the gravel and dirt :). If you do a few searches (sorry I don't have links on hand) in the gallery there are lots of pics of my various outings in the mud and snow on the mountains.

This is cool that so many people have pics of the factories, thanks all.
Lee

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Raised roof, 89-90 prefacelift Turbo wagon. Mikey want! :x

I'd love to go to the SIA factory myself and take a hammer to that Tribeca shitbox sitting in front there...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

subyluvr2212 wrote: I'd love to go to the SIA factory myself and take a hammer to that Tribeca shitbox sitting in front there...
Well, at first I was hesitant about it. I did some reading up on it and if I had to get a vehicle for my wife, I would want that over a toreg, cayanne, etc. I dont think it is the car for me, but for those folks that want the latest in looks, at least they would still be supporting my cause (my cause BTW is to make the world realize the power of the boxer). So many people look down on subarus and I dont get it. In the last month, 2 people came up to me at work and apologized for not realizing how great my car was. seperately they both drove a new legacy for one reason or another and were quickly jealous of my car. One has a civic and the other a 330i. I think it is funny that people pass judgement on it without even driving them.

--Brad

I am not going to give tribeca a thumbs up or down until I sit behind the wheel. maybe I will hop the fence and do just that :lol:

for those who dont know anything about it...they have a really nice site about it at http://www.subaru.com/sub/b9/init.html

93EJ22-Loosy
In Neutral

Post by 93EJ22-Loosy »

skid542 wrote: Loosy, glad to see another member who's been around VT and thanks for the invite, if you're ever back in Bburg hollar at me, I live in the middle of downtown. I grew up in Christiansburg though, about 5mi away for those who don't know. And yes, we do have some very fun roads to drive :). Did you get a chance go hit Harding -> Lusters Gate -> Ellot? That's a superbly sweet asphault road, I don't know what the engineers were thinking but they made such a nice road. I however have always been more into the gravel and dirt :). If you do a few searches (sorry I don't have links on hand) in the gallery there are lots of pics of my various outings in the mud and snow on the mountains.
Yeah, loosy loved the trip (my wagon).

I went to Purdue but I have to say VT's campus is far nicer. The night life was fun there as well. :twisted: I had other folks with me and we didnt tour much of the surrounding area. I would love to go back sometime and enjoy the area. I used to live down in Chesapeake VA if you have heard of that. VA is definitely a great place. Loosy has also been through the hills of Colorado, The U.P. of Michigan, the sandy beaches of cape cod a few times, towed and stored in a pier in NYC (poor girl-- a few parking tickets there too...I warned her :) She got one both times she visited. Okay so I got the ticket not the car, but still), and all over Michigan and Chicago for some Snowboarding. We have been through a lot together, but nothing could have prepared her for my 2 year 4 month old daughter. Loosy (also known as, "PAPA'S CAR!!!") Still doesnt know what to think about all the crumbs and spills, etc. :?

I would love to hear where everyone else's scooby's have traveled to. this might be quite a topic change from factories I guess...

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

skid542 wrote:First off my disclaimer - I'm an engineer and can't spell for shit, I'm doing good just to spell engineer right :).
That's too funny. :lol:

I laugh because I am one.....however I'm pretty anal when it comes to spelling and grammar....don't ask me why :P
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Are there things you aren't anal about, Josh?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

vrg3 wrote:Are there things you aren't anal about, Josh?
yeah....there are some. The nissan truck I have....I really don't do anything to it. I think the engine's going to die one of these days....but oh well.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hm, fair enough. Not worth the time, effort, or money to be anal about that truck, I suppose.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Lee, I wasn't jabbing you.. I know some folks aren't super-spellers like Josh, Laurel and I. :D
..but it's all good. I can't really get the hang of numbers, let alone attempt mathematical engineering feats. Far from my forte, so we're even. :lol:
Dave, those are some f'ckin AWESOME photos. Love it! I need to go to Japan now. :sad:
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Oh no no Matt :). It's a joke amongst all engineers that we can't spell. Seriously man, like I can't count the number of professors I've had that have written stuff up on the board and then stopped, erased it, write it again, stop, erase it, then write it one more time. Engineers are notoriously bad spellers. It's really a bad inside joke I know but no worries :).
Lee