IAC / ECU problem.. wtf?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

gustavohuber
First Gear

IAC / ECU problem.. wtf?

Post by gustavohuber »

Hi Everyone, I used the FSM's instructions to check the voltage and impedance on the ECU and IAC, nothing seemed that wrong, except that the 7v lines on the ECU rang in at 12v.. any ideas, or any ECUs/IACs for sale
ex-devastated ex-owner of the $5500 parts car!
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I have a brand new IAC valve for a Turbo Legacy for sale.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

That "7 volts" thing isn't quite correct... The voltage on those wires is actually changing very rapidly from about 0 to about 12, and whatever multimeter the guy writing that chapter of the FSM had gave him a 7-volt reading as its interpretation of that signal.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

how much for the iac if that guy doesnt want/need it??
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project
gustavohuber
First Gear

Post by gustavohuber »

I need one for a N/A legacy, though if its testing fine, shouldn't it be working fine??
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Yeah,
It should be working fine. And what makes you think the ECU could be an issue? I've got a '90 ECU I can send you if you want to try it out. You can pay me only if you keep it...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
gustavohuber
First Gear

Post by gustavohuber »

No logical reason, just that after trying everything else, seems like a good last option. With the ECU unplugged, the engine cranks much smoother and rhythmically than with it in, presumably because of some sort of timing adjustments the ECU is doing, or who knows. Also, I realized I'd routed the cam sensor wire under the manifold, rather than around the outside. It's not crushed like I'd thought it might be, but its a tight fit.. could inductive interference be doing this?? Basically, I want to try a new IAC, a new ECU, and a new cam sensor, and if that doesn't fix it, just give up and either have someone else try to fix it, or sell it to someone who wants to/has space to tinker. As much as everyone's support keeps extending this rope, I really do think I'm at the end of it, finally.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

With the ECU unplugged, the engine cranks much smoother and rhythmically than with it in, presumably because of some sort of timing adjustments the ECU is doing, or who knows.
It's cranking more rhythmically because every rotation is identical. When the ECU's in, you get some combustion, which makes some rotations different from others.
could inductive interference be doing this??
Doing what?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212