Looking for parts on the 4 gears!!

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ej22t
Second Gear

Looking for parts on the 4 gears!!

Post by ej22t »

I just take my tanny to the tranny shop to see what had happened on missing the 4th gear. Today the shop called me and told me that "I have to replace the 4th gear in the main shaft with identical grove mark on it" The shop can't find any parts for the tranny repair so I would like to ask for help from any of you guys!!

Please give me an reply of all the infomation on this parts, and thanks for your help!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Wait, they told you what? You need to replace 4th gear on the main shaft with what?

Take the tranny to someone else.

What is the exact condition that is happening. I can probably tell you what is wrong with your tranny if you can describe exactly your symptoms.

There won't be many parts available for our older transmissions. Why? Because transmissions evolve, and there have been about a dozen revisions to Subaru manual transmissions since 1992.

You can either replace the transmission with a new one from a WRX or similar and swap your center diff. Or you can replace your transmission with the same thing.

"identical grove mark on it" doesn't make sense to me, and I can't think of what they are talking about. Maybe they are saying that on 4th gear, the engagement teeth are bent, or perhaps you have hurt the synchro engagement hub. But then you would have problems getting into 3rd as well.

If you are looking for something to hold more power, don't look to stock. Stock will break. It's usually just a matter of time.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Hi BAC5.
For the condition on the tanny. let me tell you the story about it....
While I was driving on the road and I just shift from 3rd to 4th... it goes no problem. suddenly, the car is shacking a bit by itself and then I lost the 4th gear... I try to smach on it and it won't engauge. Then I take the tranny to the tanny shop and they told me there are no problem on all the gears and no problem on the synco too... then they replace me the new seals and then I but it back to the car. Before we put it into the car we check every gears and it makes turns from the front and we could count the rear turning ratio.
Then we put back to the car.
I take an test drive and the first teim, it gose no problem from 1st to 5th. then after a turn the I lost the 4th gear again.
Today I leave the car to the Tanny shop and the guy told me that my 4th gear have to replace, he look for all his supplier and seems no one carries our parts so he told me to looking for this parts by myselfs and he will try to find it from his other supplier.
He told me if we order it from the dealer the parts will come with 3rd gear together not only the 4th gear alone then it will cost about $600+tax. He also told me the 4th gear has an identaical groove to marked on the main shaft so I have to order that only parts to make the tranny alive.

Hope you understand the above information and please tell me how can I make my tranny back to work!
Pleaes let me know if there are any solution for this fix.
Thanks

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/