ej22t block is got dohc from ej20k*

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

ej22t block is got dohc from ej20k*

Post by NICO »

well i started my swap over and it works, everything is going to work perfect, the only thing i have to do is turn my throttle body upside down.

now a couple of questions, this ej20k came with yellow side feed injectors, i got in my car the same yellow side feed sti injectors are they both 550cc. if you see the pic of the tip of the injectors, they do not look the same as my sti ones. my sti ones have a five hole where these injectors have a single hole with a rubber cap, am i missing the rubber cap?

also if no one new i put a vf34 on my car but now i got a vf22 that is going on, pics of it are there. its so much bigger in size both wheels.

if anyone needs more pics of diffrent things let me no.
Last edited by NICO on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
kidatari
Second Gear

Post by kidatari »

What are you doing for engine management? This is the setup that I'd like to do eventually.

I'll definately have to check out those pics when I get home, they're blocked from work for me ;)
[size=75]91 Perl White 5MT Legacy Sport Sedan[/size]
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

for engine management i am running my greddy-e-manage. the car is going to run perfect with no help from the greddy. all the points for cam timeing are the same as my ej22t heads. im going to use the facotry cam signal sensors.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I think your injectors are missing the caps. Have they possibly been modified for more flow? Oh, and,...........I hate you. :lol:
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

no i got them from the dealers like that, brand spanking new. maybe there is a cap that goes on there. but we got everthing i could for the injectors. i seen no cap in the pics from the dealers.
bmxpunk
Third Gear

Post by bmxpunk »

nico i hate you !!!!!! :)

I am going to go this route too. are these the heads that you had before?

I need to find a set asap!!!!
2011 Mini Countryman S All4
1970 Honda Ct90
2001 Forester S of Doom - mowed down by a Cummins
1994/5/6/01/02/03/04/06/07/08 Impregacy OUtback SS STi Type R money pit- NEW RALLYCAR!!
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

everyone hates me!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL hahahha.

no bmxpunk i was going to this place for tien shocks and i seen this motor he gave me the hole motor for a grand, so i got it becuse it used a coil pack.

then i found out what i really got, ej20k makes 280hp japan motor.

so me and my dad striped the hole motor down and lined it all up to my extra ej22t motor i got in the pic on the stand. next saturday i will stick the heads on and start it up, it looks good so far so will see once we put it on if it runs ok. my dad siad it will work perfect so i think it will be perfect to.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The timing could be different according to that pic of the sprockets you took depending on where the pin fits in the slot of the cams. I don't know how the timing's oriented on the different cams, but those pins are off about 40 degrees in relation to each other. Just something to check out, but where this has been done before, it's probably a non-issue.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

thats what i was just telling my dad evolutionmovement i dont no whats going to happen, i wonder if i could just use my stock steel one in its place. or maybe it needs a little bit of timeing becuse its a dohc heads.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

i got a question for VRG3 the master electrical MAN?

the new intake manifold i got has a 3 wire hitachi throtle body, red white black wire.

ej22t motor throttle body uses a 4 wire red white black BROWN wire.

if i wanted to use the ej20k throttle body what do i do with the extra brown wire my ej22t motor has? can i tap it in to something to make it work like factory or i got to use my ej22t throttle body.

i ask this becuse i got to mount the throttle body upside down.

Last edited by NICO on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Put it to tdc and note the relation of the timing mark to the cam sensor, then check it in relation to the original cam gear and heads.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

dzx what do you mean = TDC.

the cam sensor is only a 2 wire on the ej20k, but the ej22t one use a 3wire sensor, i was going to use my factory sensor to make it.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Sorry, Top dead center. It's the arrow on the crank pulley. This is to check to see if you need to knock the pin out and drill put a new one in.

As for the sensor, i'd just use the original one like you plan on doing.

*edit: it looks like the marks on your new timing gear are magnetic whereas the ones on your original timing gear aren't so I don't know if that would work with your original sensor. You might have to cut your ej22t gear and fit it on there to work.
Last edited by dzx on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
bmxpunk
Third Gear

Post by bmxpunk »

TDC =top dead center for piston 1
1970 Honda Ct90
1994/5/6/01/02/03/04/06/07/08 Impregacy OUtback SS STi Type R money pit- NEW RALLYCAR!!
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

o ok, the ej20k use the same crank pulley everything is the same on that even the lock pin and the teeth it has are the same position.

if you look at the pic of the stock cam pulley and the new pulley side bye side you can see there off just a bit where you line them up, my dad siad becuse its a dohc thats how they set it up and it will run perfect.

so i should just use my stock throttle body, but its going to be upside down and the screw on the top will be down on the bottom, then i cant paly with it.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

What you want to find is where the cam gear is at TDC in relation to the cam sensor because you want this to be the same as what was on the sohc. Find out if those marks on the new gear are magnetic, cause that could cause a problem for you also.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

i just checked DZX ya they are magnets now what the hell.

the ej20k uses a 2wire campulley sensor and my ej22t uses a 3 wire campulley sensor what do i do
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'd like to see what the magnet deal would do. It may still work as the sensor measures the change in magnetic flux, which should signal the same, but then it may just confuse the ECU.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

i dont no there is 3 wires on the ej22t one, if you look at the wire book the extra wire goes as a shield then to ground, if i dont hook up that wire and put the two wires from my ej22t motor to this ej20k cam sensor do you think it would work.

even the cam sproket has the same thing the end of the plug on the ej22t has 3 wires but the sensor on it only uses 2 pines for two wires. i think there just shields.
bmxpunk
Third Gear

Post by bmxpunk »

so nico, did you have these heads ported?
1970 Honda Ct90
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Vikash might be able to answer the question about the cam sensor circuit. It might work. I'm putting my stock cam gear on the wrx heads i have. Still waiting for my uncle to cut the gear to fit on the cam though.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, just use your stock camshaft position sensor. Even if the pips were aligned slightly differently it wouldn't matter, since it's only used to identify which cylinder is in which stroke.

Use your stock throttle body and stock TPS if it's at all possible. That extra wire is for the idle switch.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

thanks vrg3

so this is what i am going to use, stock ej22t crank angle sensor + stock ej22t cam angle sensor, then i am going to slap on the ej20k heads and the factory cams it came with, should i be worried about the diffrence of the cam becuse it use magnets on the ej20k cam for pick up? and my factory cam is off a little from the ej20k ones, but the points of pick up are the same.

ok i will stick my throttle body stock ej22t one on, its going to be up side down but i can make it work.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

The stock pips aren't magnetized?

I think it'll be fine. Magnetic field reluctance will still change and the voltage induced in the coil will still cross zero.

Why are you going to mount the throttle body upside-down?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

whats a pips vrg3? the cam that gives the cam sensor its reading (ej20k plastic cam) has magnets for its pick up. my ej22t cam is made of steel and it has bumps not magnets.

ej20k cam on the right and stock ej22t left.

on the ej20k intake manifold it has the ideal speed control vavle on the top corner. if i put my ej22t throttle body on it gets in the way of the springs to open it.