Theft

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Has your car been broken into?

Yes, car was stolen, had alarm
4%
Yes, car was stolen, no alarm
12%
Yes, stuff was stolen, had alarm
No votes
Yes, stuff was stolen, no alarm
27%
No, but attempt was made, had alarm
No votes
No, but attempt was made, no alarm
12%
No
46%

Total votes: 26

Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Theft

Post by Splinter »

Ive noticed a huge increase in thefts reported in the forums, take a minute to respond to this poll and post some info too.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
stant093
Voluntarily Dismissed

Post by stant093 »

i had my legacy broken into last fall, they took my brass knuckels and metal detector...i found the metal detector about a block up all smashed up.....cops didnt care one bit....but my metal detector was in my trunk, so that means they were in my car long enough to pop the trunk and rifle through that...one of these days ill see those brass knuckels on the street...and man i pity who ever has them.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I voted "car stolen, no alarm.

I had my 1st car, a VW Rabbit stolen while full of my stuff. I was trying to move out of state and was staying up in Bend Or. when my car was stolen with all my stuff. It was on my b-day too. :(

I had my Explorer broke into while on vacation once and they stole around $3000 worth of crap including my skateboard! Bastids.

Subarina got broke into once but they didn't get much. A ps2 controller, my cell phone charger and a few tapes.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

stuff (broken cell phone, cds) stolen from car in Wal-Mart parking lot this summer
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Yes, stuff was stolen, no alarm

Many years ago, my '93 Plymouth Laser (Mitsubishi Eclipse) was broken into, someone smashed the window for my (then) girlfriend's purse.

I learned to watch and prevent friends from leaving things like purses and keys in plain sight when we park. I also learned to get an alarm, although I still have to put one on Sylvia. (Whitey already has his.)
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

back in seattle, in a gated back yard no less, my car was broken into but they only ruined my head unit trying to remove it by what I would guess to be prying on the faceplate. :roll:
here in CO it is soooo safe. my old neighbor was kind of an idiot, he left his garage door open when he leaves for the air force, with a sub box of 2 15's a really nice leather chair and a nice mountain bike. I always would go shut it for him, but damn was he lucky.
Last edited by 206er on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

See my signature for what happened to my VW...pics of it pre-loss are on www.nwboxerwerks.com

I bought a CLUB steering wheel lock yesterday for my SS...because Matt's TW getting stolen on Sunday made me think...and $26 for a good theft deterrent ain't much
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Since my door locks are still screwed up because I'm too lazy to fix them, for some reason, when someone tries my door handle when it's locked, it becomes extremely difficult to turn the key to unlock the door, almost to the point of bending/breaking the key. I then go and unlock the passenger door, and open my door from the inside so as to prevent that.

So, I have, on more than one occasion, walked out to my car and found the key hard to turn, which means someone tried my door.

I honestly don't know what they would want... I have no change laying around inside, I have an old-ass CD player, and that's all my ICE, and it's a 16-year old Subaru, in Florida no less...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Yeah... frankly, I will feel a little safer once I've got my vehicles on my land, in my garage, and away from this increasingly-insane city.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
kidatari
Second Gear

Post by kidatari »

I'm trying to decide a security path to take before I start putting more money into my SS. I end up parking in some unsavory areas, and I really need to do something for the security.

Personally, I'm thinking about re-keying all the locks on the car with a complete set of ones from a wrecked WRX or something. I need to do some research to see about the possibilities of interchangability. My cylinders are starting to get worn out and finicky.

Our cars are really easy to get in to. I've broken in to my RS twice, and I'm sure the legacy would be easier, as there is more play in the window. An alarm would help, but only to a point. If someone wants to steal your car, they'll take it. Alarms only stop honest people.
[size=75]91 Perl White 5MT Legacy Sport Sedan[/size]
JC
First Gear

Post by JC »

My RS has been broken into, my Legacy is untouched and I highly doubt anyone here in ATL will try to take it.
[url=http://img254.echo.cx/img254/5309/pond8fq.jpg]2000 2.5RS[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Anyone have one of those removeable steering wheels? Would probably only be any good when you park it at home unless you want to be the cool kid bringing his wheel in with him to the store or whatever, but a lot of cars seem to be stolen or broken into at home.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

I like the idea of a reed switch hidden under some obscure piece of trim connected to the fuel pump
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

what about hidden line locks for the brakes? put a padlock on the levers too.
Ive heard you can just start a car with a big piece of wire from the battery to the starter, gets pretty much anything.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

not if the fuel relay is disabled with a hidden kill switch.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock