Testing the waters... White 93 SS 5spd

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Testing the waters... White 93 SS 5spd

Post by gt2.5turbo »

So here it goes i think ive decided to keep the wagon (still up in the air though GOD i hate making this decision). So i wanted to put a feeler out for the sedan. Since im in summer school it won't be ready to go till the end of july beginning of august.
When i have time to prep it for sale

150k on the motor / tranny which will have:
New cam seals
Oil pump main seal and o-ring
new timing belt
new water pump and thermostat
new coolent temp sensor
new hoses
new valve cover gaskets
coolent system complete flush
Both tranny and motor will have fresh fluids
possibly new shifter bushings if i get around to it

Body is in excellent shape
2 quater size dings in the passenger front door (both could prob be removed with paintless dent removal)
***NO RUST WHAT SO EVER***
Sunroof doesnt leak as far as ive noticed
Interior in almost perfect shape
good set of tires as well

im going to put it at $3500 because of the extra work im going to do to make this car trouble free for the next owner and the fact that this body is so clean and its a 5spd. If it seems a little to high please feel free to let me know im basing this off of what i think the car is worth in its condition and to spark some offers (judging by the previous ss's that ive seen come up for sale on this board) :). This is OBO as the money is going to go into the wagon :twisted: and to help with school funds :? , but please dont be tooo rediculous in your offers :D

Clean title, clean car

ill post pics when i get further along with the car i just wanted to see the amount of interest first from you guys. I dont wanna give this car away to just anyone as ones in such good condition are hard to come by and i know most of you guys will take good care of it.

Judd
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear

Post by bmxkelowna »

wow, the car sounds great
runs good? nice and smooth?
us car, so auto seat belts right?
any mods done to it or all stock?
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

its all stock
runs great for me so far (i havent driven it too much as it isnt insured and what not)
Shifts good like i stated could use new shifter bushing kit.
Auto Seat belts yes
never been modded as far as i can tell
basically a great way to start with a clean slate
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear

Post by bmxkelowna »

i would love to pick up this car
but i was just reading on what it take to bring a us car to canada, and its was to much of a hassle :(
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Yeah, for some reason brining a Canadian car into the US is cake!
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

Briging a US car into Canada is easy, if its older than 15 years
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Judd,
I'd like to see the car...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
twoduners11
In Neutral

Post by twoduners11 »

ya know..... i happened to pop over to this website and i see this car for sale? now i wouldnt think twice about wishing you good luck w/ the sale, if oh i dont know maybe a pm or an email w/ a THANK YOU or something like that. seeing as how that didnt happen... see i posted this car as a free shell (cause thats all they are worth) when i pulled the motor i cut anything i had to to get it out (even thought about trying to get it out w/o the use of any tools except the torch,but my bottle was empty) so i set out w/ a handful of tools and a SAWZALL. by the way judd did you notice i took the sawzall to the tranny? anyway this kid that wanted it was verry persistant. i tried to talk him out of it as its not worth coming to get (maybe across town) but not from co to az. well he won and i agreed to give it to him (see i got a story about a poor college kid w/ a wagon that was crashed and had a bent frame) so after a week or so his dad shows up to get the car. after a couple hours in the arizona sun his dad had the car ready for the car dolly he had just rented.
this is getting too long. bottom line is i truly wish i would have called the scrap yard. it would have been done and gone and i wouldnt of had to deal w/ any of this and i wouldnt feel betrayed right now. the car was free, judd and his father were very pleasnt to deal with. i just dont like being lied to
mark
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

Mark,
The black sedan that i picked up has the bent frame and im still debating between keeping the sedan i got from you or my wagon. The motor and tranny in fact the whole driveline that im going to put into this sedan if i CHOOSE to sell it will be from the black car which is in perfect shape with 150k. I had orignally thought id be able to keep both cars the wagon and the sedan but since i have to pay for school one has to go. Im very happy that you gave me this car instead of junked it cause these are rare cars and it doesnt deserved to be crushed. Im sorry you feel betrayed but that is not what i meant. Im still not sure which one im going to sell (sedan or wagon) but unfortunatly one has to go and thats why i put up this feeler thread for the sedan to help me choose.
And Just so you know when i had talked to you about the sedan i had planned on keeping it, which might still be the case.

****to anyone else interested in the car it is just a feeler thread as im not 100% sure im going to sell it yet. School comes first and if i have to sell a car to pay for it then it has to be done