Mech in SoCal?

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
jasinwa
In Neutral

Mech in SoCal?

Post by jasinwa »

not really a 'for sale' but I am searching for a Subaru mechanic ir very knowledgeable owner....to check a car out in Pasadena I am interested in buying....but I am in Seattle and may not be able to make it down there in time. Thought I could find someone this way...

contact me @

jasinwa at comcast dot net

of course, replace the at dot

and no spaces....

thanks!
rightandtight
First Gear

Post by rightandtight »

I take my car to a small shop near LAX airport called Renner Motorsport. The owner (Ivo) is good people. This is probably 25-30 mins from Pasadena with no traffic.

Renner Motorsport
337 W. Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, CA 90301
310/673-8492

I've never taken my car to the dealership below, but if you need a place that's closer maybe check it out. A bunch of people on NASIOC recommend it. It's probably about 20 mins from Pasadena with no traffic.

Big Valley Subaru
6110 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys, CA
(818) 787-0800
jasinwa
In Neutral

Post by jasinwa »

thanks rightand tight!

I also found an independent Soobie mech in N. Hollywood...."Subaru Independent Service Auto"...mech's name is Avo...he has worked with SVX's at least....he knew of the Tranny and wheel bearing issues...

I may call the other 2 Monday....

Jeff
rB5
First Gear

Post by rB5 »

Try Suby Specialties in Monrovia, which is right next to Pasadena. Steve & Don are super cool and are extremely knowledgable in the older Subarus. http://www.subyspecialties.com/ (626) 358-4235
2000 2.5RS Sedan
1996 Impreza L Wagon
1998 Outback [gone]
1998 Legacy GT wagon [gone] :(
1993 Legacy Touring Wagon [gone] :(
1988 Mazda 323 GTX [gone] :(
jasinwa
In Neutral

Post by jasinwa »

kewl, RB5....also had a recomm. on them from another forum!
rightandtight
First Gear

Post by rightandtight »

i've talked to suby specialties on the phone, they were very nice and professional. they also get a lot of recommendations as mentioned above.
jasinwa
In Neutral

Post by jasinwa »

rightandtight wrote:i've talked to suby specialties on the phone, they were very nice and professional. they also get a lot of recommendations as mentioned above.
They didn't want to take on the SVX !!

I have another in N. Hollywood (Subaru Independent Service), Avo seemed knowledgeable and was recommended at another forum plus a vendor of my current Soobie servicer said they were really good.