Help ASAP!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Help ASAP!

Post by gt2.5turbo »

So for some reason on my 2.2 turbo i dont get spark on 1 and 2 but do on 3 and 4. Car wont start just keeps turning over and backfiring occasionally. Got fuel... timing is correct... Switched out multiple coil packs and ignitors. Its not the plugs or the plug wires cause ive tested them. Im going back outside to check the wiring. anyone ever have this problem or is there anything else i forgot to check? At first i thought maybe cam or crank sensor but then why would i not receive spark on 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 all day long?

PLEASE HELP!!!
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

have you cleaned up the place where the coil pack mounts? iirc this is how the coilpack gets ground.

my initial thought was that you had a bad coilpack but if you've tried others that's unlikely...
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
scuzzy
Third Gear

Re: Help ASAP!

Post by scuzzy »

gt2.5turbo wrote:So for some reason on my 2.2 turbo i dont get spark on 1 and 2 but do on 3 and 4. Car wont start just keeps turning over and backfiring occasionally. Got fuel... timing is correct... Switched out multiple coil packs and ignitors. Its not the plugs or the plug wires cause ive tested them. Im going back outside to check the wiring. anyone ever have this problem or is there anything else i forgot to check? At first i thought maybe cam or crank sensor but then why would i not receive spark on 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 all day long?

PLEASE HELP!!!
timing belt.
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Ignitor?
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

turns out to be wiring grimlins.... switched over the main harnesses like i had planned too and everything worked all of a sudden so ya thanks for the suggestions
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down