Who is going to Mt. Hood Rally?!?!

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Who is going to Mt. Hood Rally?!?!

Post by 555BCTurbo »

I was just wondering how many of y'all are either rallying, working or spectating?

I will be up there, in my SS, Spectating (don't get to run this rally unfortunately) and I am going to camp at the fairgrounds on Saturday night, so if any of you are up there, hopefully I will see ya!!! :D
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

I would love to come, but I don't think I'd be able to get away from work. :(
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
Legacy294
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Legacy294 »

Nick,

It was good to see you at Mt. Hood.. Our weekend went pretty well, finishing 3rd OA and 2nd in Open. The roads were great, as was the weather, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Mark Mager was having a good run until he wound up on the lid a couple of stages from the end.. Sorry about that, but glad that he and Miller are OK. It was one of the few times recently that the incar camera was going, so wehave video of it all.. A bit sad to see my old car resting in the road on the roof, but the roll wasn't too hard, and it should be back in order for Wild West. The cage in that car is quite stout..

For anyone thinking about attending next year, Do IT! t's a great event to watch, with a great bunch of rally folks..

Rally On!
B-
'96 GF/STi Rally wagon, under construction

If it's mechanical, it WILL break...
www.allwheelsdriven.net
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Barrett: you guys had a kickass drive, and your car sounded fuckin great...looks like its finally running 10/10ths :D

Sad about Mager's car for sure, but #424 will live again... :o

Definately a smaller rally, with a nice intimate feeling atmosphere...I really had a good time, despite the fact I was terribly hung over from the night before (I turned 21 on friday)

I am really itching to get in Matt's car at Wild West and tear it up!!
Nick

Legacy294
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Legacy294 »

555BCTurbo wrote:Barrett: you guys had a kickass drive, and your car sounded fuckin great...looks like its finally running 10/10ths :D

Thanks Nick.. funny thing is we ran with a blown head gasket and in limp mode all weekend. :-D So maybe 10/10ths in "temperature management mode", but we are planning on new gaskets and some real boost (20ish) for Wild West. At the moment, we're leaving +-50hp/tq on the table and running less than stock boost. :?

At Wild West it will be running the way it should, and hopefully we can keep it clean like at Mt Hood. :-D

looking forward to having you and Matt back out there.. He looked a little bored in service.. :)

www.allwheelsdriven.net
toomuch
Second Gear

Post by toomuch »

Legacy294 wrote:
Mark Mager was having a good run until he wound up on the lid a couple of stages from the end.. Sorry about that, but glad that he and Miller are OK. It was one of the few times recently that the incar camera was going, so wehave video of it all..

Rally On!
B-
You have video passing the leg? I'd like to see that...glad you made it by OK...i was still digging triangles out when you went by.
Congrats on the 3/2 finish...good job.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Legacy294 wrote:
555BCTurbo wrote:Barrett: you guys had a kickass drive, and your car sounded fuckin great...looks like its finally running 10/10ths :D

Thanks Nick.. funny thing is we ran with a blown head gasket and in limp mode all weekend. :-D So maybe 10/10ths in "temperature management mode", but we are planning on new gaskets and some real boost (20ish) for Wild West. At the moment, we're leaving +-50hp/tq on the table and running less than stock boost. :?

At Wild West it will be running the way it should, and hopefully we can keep it clean like at Mt Hood. :-D

looking forward to having you and Matt back out there.. He looked a little bored in service.. :)
Man, you sure fooled me...I ain't seen a Subie run that well with a blown headgasket... Well, you had a nice clean drive, and when you flew past me at ~80 mph on Gilhoulley it looked pretty good man!!

Yeah, Matt and I aren't quite the service types...I have had to pass up some pretty sweet offers to be a permanent fixture of some service crews, but I belong in the right seat (or the left seat in a RHD car) :o
Nick

Legacy294
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Legacy294 »

toomuch wrote: You have video passing the leg? I'd like to see that...glad you made it by OK...i was still digging triangles out when you went by.
Congrats on the 3/2 finish...good job.
Mark,
As soon as I can, I'll get you a copy of the incar.. I still haven't even seen it yet, as Brian snagged the camera right after we pulled in.

We made it by OK, but there was a little pucker factor, as I wasn't expecting to see what we saw in the road..Again, very glad you and Miller were OK. That was a good strategic roll that wound up in a pretty good spot all things considering.. :D Far better off than in the trees!

Thanks for the props on the finish. We were swapping times with you/Miller for the majority of the day, and it would have been very close at the end without the roll.. You were turning some great times.. Looking forward to some good times at Wild West when you get the Leggy back in shape.

Glad that you are pedalling that car so well and giving it a good home!

Rally On!
B-

www.allwheelsdriven.net