Installing 550 STI injectors into twin turbo manifold

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Installing 550 STI injectors into twin turbo manifold

Post by douglas vincent »

Its a PAIN IN THE ASS.

Those yellow top STI injectors fit in some of our fuel rails and these fuel rails just bolt right in to our SOHC manifolds. No problem.

But.....

When you use the twin turbo manifold, YOU HAVE to use the twin turbo fuel rails. And these fuel rails ONLY accept the style of fuel injectors like this on the right.

So......

What I did was use the fuel rails that accept the 550 STI injectors, grind the hell out of the mounting holes, and then invert them so that the left side is on the right, and the right side is on the left.
I had to invert them because the mounting holes are on the INSIDE, versus the OUTSIDE of the fuel rail.

This also means that the fuel regulator is now on the drivers side, versus the passenger side of the manifold. So I will just have to rework the fuel lines.

But.... It will work.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Hi Douglas, thanks for your info about the injector. I still have my question unanswer even I look all around the board.
I now using the Twin turbo block with EJ20G twin cam (not twin turbo) intake manifold. I am still using the EJ22T pink injector. I would like to install the Gray injector that as same as your pics on the right. Will it just bolt on or I have to do some modify?
Hope you could help out the questions!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/