02 WRX Wagon Front Swaybar fits Confirm!

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ej22t
Second Gear

02 WRX Wagon Front Swaybar fits Confirm!

Post by ej22t »

Just got the 02 WRX Wagon front swaybar installed last night!
The fitting is good and no problem at all.
The bar comes with 2 stock WRX wagon bushing, but I just using the Stock Legacy turbo front swaybar bushing and endlink. Its a little tight but it still fits without any problem!

First impresson is the front suspension feels more solid and sensative.
Then try to have a run on this set up, the car goes under steering , I have AGX setting F-3 and R-5.

I am now have a Front WRX Wagon swaybar and Rear Whiteline 18-20-22mm adjustable swaybar and set it at 22mm.

Now I would like to have the car runs a little bit of oversteering, does anyone could provide me a guide for how to get a good setting with my current Suspension set up?

Thanks for help!

Ben
Last edited by ej22t on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I need to look under a WRX wagon.

Coz we have one WRX sedan control arm in stock for whatever reason, and the swaybar mounting is definitely different. There is only one side of the mounting bracket on that one, while there are two sides of the mounting bracket on ours.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

I am using the GC style Aluminum control arm on my Legacy, but the WRX wagon fits without any problem.
I am not sure about the WRX sedan control arm, sorry can't help!

But all I know is the car goes understeering massively, you have to change your driving style.
I have to set my rear AGX to harder to see how it drives like!!!

IF any of you guys do have some idea of the set up, please post and let me have a try!

Thanks!!

Ben
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

subyluvr2212 wrote:I need to look under a WRX wagon.

Coz we have one WRX sedan control arm in stock for whatever reason, and the swaybar mounting is definitely different. There is only one side of the mounting bracket on that one, while there are two sides of the mounting bracket on ours.
The drop link style is different, but that really shouldn't matter too much, as you should just use the drop link for the turbo legacy.

The only reason I'd say it would is if the drop link length is different between the WRX & turbo legacies.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

ej22t wrote:I am using the GC style Aluminum control arm on my Legacy, but the WRX wagon fits without any problem.
I am not sure about the WRX sedan control arm, sorry can't help!

But all I know is the car goes understeering massively, you have to change your driving style.
I have to set my rear AGX to harder to see how it drives like!!!

IF any of you guys do have some idea of the set up, please post and let me have a try!

Thanks!!

Ben
Ben,

When I added the front bar to my car, it did not massively understeer as it appears to with your car. Do you have an upgraded rear bar?

I've got front & rear whiteline anti-sway bars, agx's w/ whiteline springs running at the middle setting of the AGX's and the car is setup pretty well. It does not massively understeer or oversteer, however I can get the car to do either depending on how I drive and go through a turn.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Hi Josh, here is my setup on my car:
AGX front and rear shocks, Stock springs, WRX wagon Front sway with factory "Z" type front endlink, Rear Whiteline 18-20-22mm adjustable swaybar in 22mm now. 93 and up rear subfarm with "C" style solid aluminum endlink. Front and Rear tower bar.

I just set the front shocks in settingF/1 and R/5 in the current setup.
Will try to do 2 Front and 7 rear tomorrow for the shocks set up , will let you guys know how it act like!

Ben