Help, how hard to swap coolant resevoir w/ WRX????

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

JGH_5
In Neutral

Help, how hard to swap coolant resevoir w/ WRX????

Post by JGH_5 »

How difficult is it to swap the plastic coolant resevoir on top of the engine from the 92 legacy with the metal one from the WRX? Any tips would be great. Thanks guys
stipro
Third Gear

Re: Help, how hard to swap coolant resevoir w/ WRX????

Post by stipro »

JGH_5 wrote:How difficult is it to swap the plastic coolant resevoir on top of the engine from the 92 legacy with the metal one from the WRX? Any tips would be great. Thanks guys
Its not really hard at all. Are you thinking of leaving it in the stock Legacy location, or the wrx location?

You just have to do a bit of hose running/plumbing to make it work. And devise some sort of bracket to hold it in place.
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
JGH_5
In Neutral

Post by JGH_5 »

Well here's the thing I wanna replace it but because it's all busted to hell and I've never seen one of the plastic ones not glued back together.

Anyways, in the future I'm thinking of installing a WRX intercooler so I was thinking about re-locating it to the location where the washer resevoir is and in turn re-loctaing that too.

What do you think? Anything to look out for?

Check out my post in engines too about the rebuilt, if you have any tips I'de love to hear them. Thanks for the speedy response :-)
stipro
Third Gear

Post by stipro »

JGH_5 wrote:Well here's the thing I wanna replace it but because it's all busted to hell and I've never seen one of the plastic ones not glued back together.

Anyways, in the future I'm thinking of installing a WRX intercooler so I was thinking about re-locating it to the location where the washer resevoir is and in turn re-loctaing that too.

What do you think? Anything to look out for?

Check out my post in engines too about the rebuilt, if you have any tips I'de love to hear them. Thanks for the speedy response :-)
I think its way easier to move it to the wrx location, all you need is a bit of pipe to get it there. No need to relocate the washer resevoir, or anything else for that matter, that just seems like work. Here is where it is on my motor.
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
JGH_5
In Neutral

Post by JGH_5 »

Awesome that looks great, I think I'll do that. Now all I need is to find one? Thanks a lot for the tips.
JGH_5
In Neutral

Post by JGH_5 »

Just bought one off ebay for 14 bucks not a bad deal, merry christmas to me.