KYB, Whiteline paint quality = joke

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

professor
Third Gear

KYB, Whiteline paint quality = joke

Post by professor »

After 18 months of service (one winter) much of the paint on my KYB AGX's and Whiteline sways is rusted off and looks like crap. I'm pretty disappointed considering the money spent.

The Bilstiens and Racing Dynamics equivalent parts on my BMW look much better after 9 years of service, much of it rougher service at that.

If I had known I would have painted them before installation with something with some balls.

If anything the Whiteline parts look worse than the KYB,pretty shabby for "performance"parts.
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

I agree. My GR2's have rust on them after one year. I think my stock struts had less rust over 16 years! I thought about shooting them with paint, and I guess I still could, but you don't really see them so oh well.
SUBARUEHS Racing
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Do you have the blue or silver whiteline bars?

Whiteline realized that their blue paint sucked and couldn't hold up to the winters in the north east, and switched to the silver paint setup they now use. It's supposed to be tougher, however I don't have any real world experience.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

My AGX's lost a lot of paint and got rusty, but they still got the job done (4 years of rallycross without blowing). It doesn't help that clumsy people like me tend to get brake fluid all over the paint when changing the struts out.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I have rusty AGXs after 7 months on the car. One rear is much worse than the others, very disappointing.
90 L+ wgn