Does LGT.com suck like I think it does?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

John Drivesabox
Second Gear

Does LGT.com suck like I think it does?

Post by John Drivesabox »

As you may (but likely don't) know, I recently sold my 2 SS's and moved to Wisconsin. I'll be purchasing a '00 LGT from a nice old lady this weekend and of course, started an account on LegacyGT.com.

Since I've been on there for the last 15 minutes, I've seen more than enough idiots (including the "moderators") to last me a lifetime. I'm no super mechanic or genius by any means, but I've never yet been that guffawed by a Subaru forum.

I'm sure lots of BBS members have LGT accounts, whatever, no names here. Does anyone else share this view?
[quote="George McFly"] Hey you, get your damn hands off her!
[/quote]

Navy Chief, what's your specialty?
scuzzy
Third Gear

Re: Does LGT.com suck like I think it does?

Post by scuzzy »

John Drivesabox wrote:As you may (but likely don't) know, I recently sold my 2 SS's and moved to Wisconsin. I'll be purchasing a '00 LGT from a nice old lady this weekend and of course, started an account on LegacyGT.com.

Since I've been on there for the last 15 minutes, I've seen more than enough idiots (including the "moderators") to last me a lifetime. I'm no super mechanic or genius by any means, but I've never yet been that guffawed by a Subaru forum.

I'm sure lots of BBS members have LGT accounts, whatever, no names here. Does anyone else share this view?
I know that NASIOC has decended into worthless shit due to all of the STi loving fanboi ricer types that try to pretend they didn't previously own or like civics.

I joined over at nasioc back in late 2002 I believe, before the WRX started to get highly popular, I'm just under member 30 thousand - which when it's past 110 thousand in that period of time, it's sad.

so, what I'm trying to say is:
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

lol
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

I was on NASIOC (i-club back then) mid 2001 when I picked up my WRX and there were only 8000 members to give you an idea of how much it exploded when the WRX came out. It has changed dramatically since then. I know it's hard to believe but there was a lot of good info and usefull discussion going on in the early days.

It seems most boards have become a place to rehash discussions about which lip and spoiler looks best or which exhaust sounds the coolest.

I'm always pleasantly surprised here to find people generally doing a search first before posting, reading the stickies, making an attempt at using proper english so posts aren't painful to read, and asking good questions as well as sharing information.

Thank you legacy central!
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Yes, thank you legacy central.

NASIOC is worthless indeed, you can't even trust the people you buy shit from. Here I have never had to worry about scammers or the like.

Stupid NASIOC, stupid I-club, stupid web-nerds who throw money at tuning shops to make their cars go faster in order to boost their ego...
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

I have been a member of NASIOC since last September (friend introduced me to some people on there) and a fan of subaru since I saw Colin Mcrae in the GC8 rally car back in like 95. As far as NASIOC goes, I find it is more of a sectarian social club where posting outside of your chapter can get you flamed, well at least in the chapter I'm in it is. I can't comment on other chapters, but I have heard tell that the sandiego area chapter got so bad a lot of people left to start their own awd forum www.awdjunkies.com I believe. As you guys have stated earlier though, there can be little to no technical information on that board at any one time, but that might just be the way it is layed out. This place seams to have an extremely efficient layout for promoting on topic discussions when they are requiered. Either way, I like using both the sites (NASIOC and legacycentral) for their own distinctive benefits.

Just ramblin' though guys :P
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NASIOC still has some technical stuff in it....but sifting through the crap is what's difficult. Usually I reference OLD threads.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

LegacyGT.com is terrible. I posted on there for a few months, helped a few people that probably shouldn't be working on their cars and got fed up with the morons and religious freaks (very, very strange for a Subaru site. At least it used to be before Subaru died to me in 2001). The last few posts I was making fun of them over their heads. One weirdo even sent me some Christian religious book - The Great Controversy. Full of nut jobs and that's why I bought a Mazda last. It's a real shame since the old guard are/were a group of really interesting people. I still might get an 84 hardtop. I'll debadge it and the tools won't even know what it is. I still jump on here occasionally and am only advertising my car here. I'd rather junk it then sell to someone on NASIOC.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Legacy Central and Mercedes Shop are BY FAR the best forums I have been a member of (and I have been a member of a LOT!!)

Just had to say :D
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust