Do you people rally wagons?

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

1990 Legacy L Owner
First Gear

Do you people rally wagons?

Post by 1990 Legacy L Owner »

These cars are supposed to have a rally heritage, but I've been looking through the multimedia gallery and havn't seen one wagon rally ready. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just a noob with a wagon.

What would you do to a stock wagon to make it rally ready? I've also seen that people rally fwd, my wagon happens to be fwd. :roll:
Chris
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

I rallycrossed a Legacy wagon for a long time. I actually did better in my NA wagon than my turbo sedan for some reason, maybe I was just more used to it.

There are lots of threads about preparing for rally already. If you're talking about rallycross, there's threads here and on Nasioc - but the short answer is you don't really have to do anything. If you're talking about real stage rally, then I'd search over on specialstage.com for quality advice.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Sam would rally a golf-cart if given the chance. They don't call him RallySam for nothin!
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
1990 Legacy L Owner
First Gear

Post by 1990 Legacy L Owner »

Sweet! I have to go watch a rally sometime, just to see what it is like. It looks like there is a lot around here, Im suprised I have never been.
Chris
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

yeah you just missed the oregon trail rally. I was at rim of the world down here last weekend.

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

there are a couple WRX wagons out there comepteing in stage rallies.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

an open class BC wagon would be a thing of beauty.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

BF/BJ wagon?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
subietech
In Neutral

Post by subietech »

beatersubi wrote:BF/BJ wagon?
Im working on one now. I have a 90 wagon L n/a.. BJ Right? I'm upgrading the suspension and brakes to my stock 03wrx stuff and getting it ready for a roll cage. Rally coilovers and and a few other goodies and she will be ready to rock.

If anyone is in the SoCal area and interested in helping with the build, through donated parts or time working on it, Ideas, hook ups with supply's or contacts
Hit me up..

Subietech.net
myspace.com/subietech
or PM me...

thanks,
Mike
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I have some random parts I want to get rid of. Also I'm in socal so I'd be glad to stop by sometime.