New kid on the block.

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SubaruDriftBoy
In Neutral

New kid on the block.

Post by SubaruDriftBoy »

Hello everyone, id like to post a little about myself and see if maybe all of you could help me in my planning of my monster swap legacy sedan.

First off, my name is Mike from middle of no where Pennsylvania, im going to be 20 in a month and a day and i had just bought a 91 LS sedan fwd 5 speed, i needed a car, i needed a manual, and boom i bought this off of a friend, its not in the best shape, a little rust here and there, clutch chatter and the occasional sputter of carbon out the exhaust. right now the most ive done to this is started wiring the dash so i could put in a 6 disk changer and my sub, and also i am working on a straight through 2.25 inch exhaust to an HKS Carbon Ti muffler. I do plan on turboing it and here comes a first of a question. would i be able to swap parts from a stock 91 EJ22T onto my EJ22? and what all would i need? ill stop with my life story, look foreward to meeting you all!
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Define middle of nowhere. I live in Dillsburg - look it up on Google Maps - it really is.

I think you'd probably be better off swapping the entire engine instead of turboing a NA car.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
SubaruDriftBoy
In Neutral

Post by SubaruDriftBoy »

im from Williamstown, between Tower City and Lykens. i guess i should rather do that but until i get this job in millersburg im kinda boned for cash and i need a daily driver still. nice to meet someone kinda near me.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

SubaruDriftBoy wrote: im kinda boned for cash and i need a daily driver still.

Two great reasons to not turbocharge your car...
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust