wtb: rear air diffuser thingy

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
klaxed
Second Gear

wtb: rear air diffuser thingy

Post by klaxed »

I really want one. looks like this. it's the black thing on top of the hatch.
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

I'm looking for this one.

1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Drakar
First Gear

Post by Drakar »

ill have the first one avail when I find the second one :D
02 WRX (Mine)
09 FXT (Hers)
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

and that would be when....

the second is sweet, but I don't think it would work on my car cause I don't have a raised roof.
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I think I read somewhere that a BK wing can be modified to fit. (the second one)
Anyone want to verify?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

raised roof 92-94 = BJ iirc
1994 Crimson Pearl SS [ td04, 06 fxt tmic,3" catless dp -> apex GT spec exhaust, EDM Tails ]
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

know1 wrote:raised roof 92-94 = BJ iirc
Actually, that would be a BF.

The non-raised roof is BJ.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
Blackbart
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Blackbart »

I have the second one, the one for the raised roof.
Drakar
First Gear

Post by Drakar »

when I get alittle more cash together for such a thing, I read and have pics of someone here putting a 95-99 version on a BJ with some minor work.
02 WRX (Mine)
09 FXT (Hers)
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

I saw this spoiler thing on a forester today (I think it was an XT), and I was thinking that it might work on my car, I dunno though. How about drakar, I give you money for yours which would get you money to buy the one for the raised roof from blackbart. :D
Brent

ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

hmm, looks like the wing will still work on your legacy's though without the raised roof, becuase of the way it slopes down. Might not sit perfectly, anyone know how they mount?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Drakar
First Gear

Post by Drakar »

blackbart, if you got some pics of the wing, and can show it up next to a wagon, I may pic it up from you, otherwise I will see if maybe the 2000+ wing will work as Im having trouble finding the 95-99 one.
02 WRX (Mine)
09 FXT (Hers)
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I also have been wondering about fitment of a forester wing. Anyone want to be the guinea pig?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Drakar, if you find a source for 95-99 wings, let me know?
Drakar
First Gear

Post by Drakar »

I will, so far I think JY's are the only place, but subbie dealers still stock 2000+ so I may try one of those, as they don't look overly different and so custom fitment will be needed anyways.
02 WRX (Mine)
09 FXT (Hers)
boro
Second Gear

Post by boro »

IronMonkeyL255 wrote:
know1 wrote:raised roof 92-94 = BJ iirc
Actually, that would be a BF.

The non-raised roof is BJ.
When I got a BJ I raised the roof... :lol:

I wonder if one of those would fit on the rear window of my sedan.
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

If someone is willing to give me a forester wing, I'll see how it fits. :D
Brent

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Well, as long as we're experimenting w/ free wings, I'll take a BK GT wing.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

A BK (not BG) wing fits with minor modification. I saw one in person and grilled the owner. I'm going to try to find one and if I do, I'll post intall pics.
eph
First Gear

Post by eph »

i have a second gen wing on my 91 legacy w/out a raised roof. im posting some pictures on the pictures & multimedia. you guys should check it out and let me know what you think.
1991 Legacy L Wagon, FWD to AWD and Automatic to Manual Conversion... then AWD 5M/T N/A to 5M/T Turbo awd swap...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/879076
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

looks good. I am keeping my options open as to what I will end up buying (also depends on what people have available or what I can find).
Brent

klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

bump
Brent

eph
First Gear

Post by eph »

if you want one, i can get you one. 40 bucks shipped would be a decent price i think.
1991 Legacy L Wagon, FWD to AWD and Automatic to Manual Conversion... then AWD 5M/T N/A to 5M/T Turbo awd swap...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/879076
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

eph: pm'd
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

beatersubi wrote:eph: pm'd
Brent