Aston Martin DBS

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Aston Martin DBS

Post by entirelyturbo »

Wow.

This is the first NEW supercar I've gotten excited about in a LONG time.

Specs:

Engine
Type: V12
Displacement cu in (cc): 362 (5935)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 510(380) / 6500
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 420(570) / 5750

Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 245/35 R20 - 295/30 R20
Driveline: Rear Wheel Drive

Performance
Acceleration 0-60 mph s: 4.1
Top Speed mph (km/h): 191 (302)

And yes, that's a true, bonafide, 6-speed manual transmission. There will be no poseur fanboi semi-autonastiness model.

:D
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

You forgot to add to the specs list....Ford Taurus inspired switchgear. :lol:
That's been the biggest complaint among modern Astons. I wonder what it's gonna weigh?

Actually I've loved Astons long before Ford bought them.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

It's basically the DB9. I like the V8 best, but the new Astons are all gorgeous in a classic, but not retro way. It would be nice if they looked a little more different from each other, but shit that's like complaining Monica Bellucci has two sisters. Porsches all look alike (and like a melted soap model of the original 911) and people love those things enough to snap up every thousandth stupid special edition that runs the Nurburgring .0001 second faster than the last and comes with color-keyed seats and a different spoiler.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

God Steve, you're more hostile than I am :lol:

I, for one, think that Aston was the only car company Ford didn't fuck up. They still produced fast and beautiful cars albeit with a larger bank account.

But Aston isn't owned by Ford anymore anyway. They're owned by Prodrive now. That's enough to make me take notice.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I'm only going to get more hostile as I go beyond simple misanthrope to all-out nihilist. Bring on the end of humanity!

I think Ford did a great job with Aston Martin, too. Taurus switchgear? It's great that they've improved so much from their long-outdated past that switchgear has become a complaint. That said, if TVR did their own thing, I don't see what's so hard about a machine turned piece of alloy or something to replace the plastic on a Ford control stalk (that nobody will see the internals of).

Dave Richards is the man. Look how bad Honda's doing in F1 since they kicked him out, too. [cue Nelson] Ha Ha.
Last edited by evolutionmovement on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

mmm, might need to pick up a second job.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
tonflo
First Gear

Post by tonflo »

Start stocking up on Powerball tickets, boys. $300 million right now. . I have said for a while now that if I ever win I'm going straight to the Aston Martin dealer & the Ferrari dealer.
'94 Legacy Touring wagon. Quicksilver metallic. WRX rims, Whiteline ALK, SS brakelines, GR2s, alum. coolant tank. Gone, but not forgotten

'99 NSX, Alex Zanardi edition, #11/50. All stock & red 2 go

'05 Corolla XRS
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Looks like a riced-up version of the DB9, what with all the extra scoops and fancy skirts and such. And whats with all the extra space in front of the motor? Should've put extra storage in there.
Don't get me wrong, Astons are teh sex! But I can't wait 'til the Prodrive consortium ownership tightens things up a bit. I believe Aston has, thus far, hit its peak with the V12 Vanquish.

just my drunken .02
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The Vanquish didn't have a manual until the very end. I'll never like the new Maserati for that reason either, but I do love the looks of both. I'll take a 1984 GL with a stick shift over anything without a clutch pedal (and most cars with one, actually, so maybe that's a bad example).
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

welcome to bonertown! that thing is hot.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Bonertown indeed.

But can I get a defibrillator in the glovebox?
90 L+ wgn
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

That is pure sex on wheels right there!!! No doubt about it.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
Trace
First Gear

Post by Trace »

stop looking at my car! :-D :-D

it does looks kinda like my 94 SS ..hm..ok.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Thanks for bringing it up again so I can stare at "your" car a bit more... :twisted:
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
Trace
First Gear

Post by Trace »

building a tent yet :-D
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Been my screensaver images on my PC here at work since this was posted. ;)
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons