AutoBox Donor List?

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

AutoBox Donor List?

Post by David Carter »

Friend of mine just procured a "new to him" 91 Legacy Turbo.. It's in great condition, it's all nice and shiney, and the trannies shit.. So..

We need to go junk yard scavengeing.. for a temp-trannie (i.e one that will do till he can afford the 5MT swap..) Now i don't want to have to help him thru that whole turbo to NA milarkie..new diffs and computer who-ha bolonie.. So.. Other than miraculasly finding another 91-94 turbo in the junkyard... are there other cars that shared the 91 turbo's Slush-box?

SVX maybee? Legacy GT? or am i stuck up a creek with out a paddle..

(Plan B) IF i'm shite out of luck.. and no Turbo Trannie Donors are available and i HAVE to go to a NA Trannie.. and i was gonna chose a NA Trannie.. outta say a 91-94 anything auto i'm gonna need, the TCU, wireing for said TCU?, transmision itself, drive shaft and all its attachments, and the rear diff...eww... Am I gonna have CV Axel Spline issues? or are we talking a complete replacement out to the wheel hubs.. cause thats a bitch..

Any Help much apreceated.

David Carter
91 Legacy SS (2.0Ver.7 Swap/5MT-RA) 18PSI
91 Subaru Legacy LS 2.2l FWD WGN
91 Subaru Legacy SSDN 2.2t AWD
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Woah, don't see you around here very often.

An n/a tranny of a similar year should plug right in and run off the turbo tcu, and you just have to make sure the FD is the same.

I think all pre-99 4eats should be compatible if you swap on the right speed sensors. Assuming you can swap the speed sensors.

I was going to try with a free ~98 Impreza driveline but decided the effort would be better directed towards a 5-speed and more powar.
Subtle
Third Gear

Post by Subtle »

David

I have a good 4eat with a slightly used high-stall torque converter :-D , as well as a push-button shifter controller.
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Isnt 89-91 same gearing? then 92+ is different? 91 is 4.11 I believe and 92-94 is 3.9.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah...stick with a 92-94 n/a autobox if you go that route so you can keep the LSD in the rear. The 92-94 n/a autos are 3.90 like the turbos.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm