Hi output LED source?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

magicmike
Fifth Gear

Hi output LED source?

Post by magicmike »

I'm looking to buy some of those hi intensity LED's like you see on police cars but I need them to work on 6VDC instead of 12. does anyone know a source for these things in bulk. I'd probably want around 100 or so. Bi color would be nice (red/amber), clear when off.

Thanks in advance!
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Maybe here. I didn't look too much into specs.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm

Hope this helps.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I've found some at radiantz.com, but they aren't dual color.

I'd like to know if you find any cheaper as well. I'd like a yellow/red change myself for blinker/aux. tail lights on the backs of the front fenders on the Cerberus project and a single LED strip that performs two roles is better than two strips that perform two roles.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

Thanks, that looks like a good source. Still trying to figure out what I want to do but that looks like they sell sell some stuff already made up. i'm especially interested in the daytime running light led's for cars that they have. Thats pimp lol
-Mike

2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
MiataPaul
In Neutral

Post by MiataPaul »

check out candle power forums. There is a guy on the forums in Singapore that sells direct. I got some leds and some key chain lights from him. I long ago lost his contact info.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

you're making them yourself?
are you making a blinker in addition?
if you do i've got some ideas :-D
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

SubaruNation wrote:you're making them yourself?
are you making a blinker in addition?
if you do i've got some ideas :-D
Still toying with this idea. I want to make some for my motorcycle and subaru when i have the time. Sort of a fun side project if i ever do have the time for that stuff again.
-Mike

2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

oh ok sweet
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You might want to try something like this as well: http://news.thomasnet.com/news/1956 Fiber optics utilizing acrylic has been something I've been looking at as well, but was unsure about the illumination (for instance, replacing the side marker on the wagon with a single 3/4" horizontal piece of acrylic sheet and filling the rest of the hole to match the fender or as the vertical blade lighting on the backs of the fenders or the shaped lighting on the car I want to build). More even lighting than multipoint LEDs.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.