I now work for Sport Mitsubishi-Subaru

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

I now work for Sport Mitsubishi-Subaru

Post by entirelyturbo »

The paperwork was officially signed over the weekend, and those Starling assclowns got their loser selves out of the import business. Good riddance to them. The worst dealership owners I have ever worked for. I don't know how I tolerated them for almost 2 years.

We have been purchased by Don Mealey and are now joining Sport Mitsubishi, and have become Sport Mazda Subaru.

I received a very warm greeting from the new owners today, which is very promising.

Anyway, what does this mean for me?

Well, it means that the Starlings are taking the old Mazda parts truck with them. I'll miss you old gal...

... wait, what am I saying? Get that Ford POS out of here. I hated that truck as much as I hated the old owners.

It has been replaced by this:

... and I LOVE IT! It is a Freightliner Sprinter (which is built by Mercedes of course), and if it's the same engine as the Dodge Sprinter I just looked up, it has a 2.7L 5-cyl turbodiesel with 154hp and 243tq.

Despite the fact that it weighs nearly 5000 lbs, it is FASTER than the old B3000 truck, in every way. It obviously has more torque off the line, being a diesel, but it has more power on the highway too. Oh, and it stops WAY better than the B3000 truck too.

Strange... a van that weighs almost an extra TON has a smaller engine with one less cylinder, and it accelerates and brakes better than the little truck. Ford, are you listening? :roll:

Okay, rant over. CN: My dealership changed hands, my old POS Mazda truck was replaced with a Sprinter van... and I now have a TURBO! :D
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Woa nice new truck. I had a 6 cyl f150 when I delivered parts, its how I practiced clutchless shifting. Had cold cold A/C though, miss that.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

sprinters are so awesome.

When I worked at a Freightliner dealership we didn't even have one of those. I got a piece of shit 4-cyl S-10. Although it did have A/C.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

So you got rid of a Mazda truck and got a Mazda dealership in return.

I saw a sweet Sprinter van black on black wheels while I was at lunch today. Really nice.
SUBARUEHS Racing
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

It always has been a Mazda dealership, and it is primarily a Mazda dealership. Subaru makes up about 25-30% of our business.

I'm liking this Sprinter more and more already. I'm quite surprised at how driveable it is. Did I mention it has sportshift? :D Pretty cool for a delivery van if you ask me.

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Sprinters are awesome! Definitely the Mercedes-Benz of vans. I think full size vans get a bum rap as far as driving enjoyment goes - I've driven supposed sporty cars that are more boring than even an E-150. There's something fun about driving a beat up old van full of building shit and tools rattling around with your right foot on the dash (that's right - drive with your left foot to get an even work out) and an energy drink in one hand, manning your way through Boston traffic on effortless torque.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

I'm liking these more and more. Can someone post a good site on them? I'd like to see one made into a family/passenger van or "conversion" for camping. Where can I see some and get an idea of how much they cost?...

Glad you new employers are way cool. This truck is a great sign for sure.

AW
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Well, as best I know, the Freightliner Sprinter, which is what I'm driving, as well as the Mercedes Sprinter, are only available to businesses or in fleets. But the general public can buy a Dodge Sprinter:

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/sprinter/

Apparently the 08 now has a 3-liter V6 CDI.

The more I drive mine, the more I love it. I drove a 15-passenger Ford van for a year and a half at Toyota, so I'm quickly relearning how to drive a vehicle of that size. But this one is seriously enjoyable to drive. Steve nailed it on the head :)

*Formerly DerFahrer*

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I had to take the work van home while my car was in the shop for bodywork and while I missed the small car, it took about a week. Nobody messes with a no-window contractor van (even though the visibility with the mirrors isn't bad at all) with multiple sideswipe dents, a swearing driver, and an Audi badge on the grille (my friend from work's addition). I'll take a van over a pick up any day. Our newer F-250 sucked balls and the box truck was too big and slow.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

evolutionmovement wrote: Definitely the Mercedes-Benz of vans.

Yeah...because they are 100% Mercedes Benz
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

In fact, Freightliner Semis share headlights with the Mercedes M class SUVs!
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, it was joke, guys. Like, "That's the Cadillac of TVs," or "That's the Mercedes-Benz of watches." Though I don't think Mercedes-Benzes are the Mercedes-Benz of cars anymore.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

evolutionmovement wrote:Though I don't think Mercedes-Benzes are the Mercedes-Benz of cars anymore.

Sadly very true...

I wish they were still built like the 1983 300D Turbo that I picked up the other day.
Nick

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Of all the cars I've looked at at one time or another, one car I regret missing (missed buying it by a day) was a 1975 M-B 280C, silver/blue with a manual transmission. Friends of the family owned a Mercedes/Saab/Subaru dealership when I was a kid and I used to play in a 1957 300SL Cabriolet and early sixties 280SL. I say play in, but even as a kid I was very respectful and would just pretend I was racing some European road race against Ferraris and the like. I still remember how damn solid that door shut - better than most hard-top new cars. Solid and built to last and with few notable exceptions, built to a style that was a function of their solidity first and design for design's sake very last. Now they're made for the newly rich and tasteless, though the new C-Class seems like it might be a step back in the right direction.

Those old diesels are nice, but they've gone way up in price the last few years. I was thinking of getting one years back, but bought the Legacy instead. A friend of mine was looking for one recently, but couldn't find one for a decent price and bought a Volvo 240 instead.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

evolutionmovement wrote: Those old diesels are nice, but they've gone way up in price the last few years. I was thinking of getting one years back, but bought the Legacy instead. A friend of mine was looking for one recently, but couldn't find one for a decent price and bought a Volvo 240 instead.

I got mine for $100
Nick

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Shit! How's the body? If it's good you could probably sell that around here for $5k. $3500 if it isn't good.
Hondasucks
In Neutral

Post by Hondasucks »

lol you should see our "parts truck" at the Subaru/Toyota/Scion dealer I work at.. They have a nice quad cab 07 Tacoma that they use now, but the "old beater" that gets used for anything but new parts, is like an 87 carbureted, automatic, four cylinder Toyota flatbed (with duallies)... (Would be cooler if it was a Brat)
1990 Legacy LS wagon, FT4WD 5MT
1987 GL Turbo wagon, DR4WD 5MT
1992 Dodge Ram 4WD Turbodiesel 4AT
1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan 4AT :(
1992 SVX LS-L