Would this 97-00 turbo-back exhaust work well?

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

createnew
First Gear

Would this 97-00 turbo-back exhaust work well?

Post by createnew »

I just found a bunch of these 97-00 turbo-back exhaust systems on ebay. Does anyone know how well these would fit on our SS'?
Look, it even has the mount for the DP to trany...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-00-Su ... enameZWD1V
Yellow '01 Kaw. ZX-7R (SOLD) :(
Gold '88 Starion ESI-R (Drift Project)
Brgndy '92 Legacy SS, Agency Power Style Headers and Up-pipe (ebay, don't stay together), Underdrive Pully, 5MT conv, mod'd WRX cold air intake and short shifter, 12.5 lb fly
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

...and an O2 bund at the top of the DP!!!
Brgndy '92 Legacy SS, Agency Power Style Headers and Up-pipe (ebay, don't stay together), Underdrive Pully, 5MT conv, mod'd WRX cold air intake and short shifter, 12.5 lb fly
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

Should I just be the guinea pig?
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

This 02-06 system looks pretty much the same actually.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06-WR ... dZViewItem
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Some of the WRX videos on youtube sure make these kits sound good.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Did you get it?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

No I haven't. I was hoping for some more feedback...
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

That looks to be a pretty good deal. I might get one as I'm currently running a stock DP ghetto-connected to my factory n/a cat-back. Can't say I'm a big fan of the muffler, though.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

yeah. i'm thinking i might pick one of these up too. it's cheap and will get the job done for a while.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Get the SR*S catback system. It's $250 shipped, and the videos on youtube make it sound beefy. Still, the question stands on whether or not the WRX kits will bolt onto a Legacy.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

they bolt on fine, but you need to have a muffler shop or someone with a welder add about a 6" extension in the midpipe. our cars are just a little longer than the imprezas.
-Aaron

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

You can make them fit by moving the hangers and extending them a little.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=65879
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

I know the 02+up systems have to be extended and have the hangers moved...
I just wanted to know if there is any difference between this 97-00 kit and the newer kits for the current WRX's.
I was wondering if maybe this 97-00 system had the hangers in the correct location...
Fkyx wrote:Get the SR*S catback system. It's $250 shipped, and the videos on youtube make it sound beefy.
Your right those SR*S systems do look a bit better.
Last edited by createnew on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I believe you still have to move the hangers. If I recall correctly only one hanger is different between the GC and the GD.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

OK. Thanks vrg. I guess I'll just piece together a system I really want for a couple hundred more.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

It just too bad you can't get a Borla hush muffler by itself...
or can you? Anyone seen just the muffler f/s? And if so, where?
Sorry to hyjack, but IMHO that muffler would be the perfect replacement on one of these cheap systems.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Still, $280 shipped for an U/P, long tube bellmouth D/P, and full exhaust system isn't a bad price at all. I'd almost consider that for my '92.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
what huh
Second Gear

Post by what huh »

im thinking about seriously doing this because the price is down to $225 SHIPPED. should i be the guinea pig
1998 Legacy GT-T ... sold
2000 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed ... heck yeah
1994 Legacy SS ABM Wagon ... project http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35107&start=0
Help http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35210
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

It'll work just fine.
-Aaron

what huh
Second Gear

Post by what huh »

its been purchased. i will let everyone no how the fitment is when i car is put together
1998 Legacy GT-T ... sold
2000 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed ... heck yeah
1994 Legacy SS ABM Wagon ... project http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35107&start=0
Help http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35210
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I'm using a WRX cheapo system and it works great. I had to add 5-6" to the axelback, but no big deal. I wasn't about to spend a pile of loot on an exhaust that I ended up hacking apart for a rotated mount anyways.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m