For once it felt great not to tip

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

thehookeup
Third Gear

For once it felt great not to tip

Post by thehookeup »

so couple of buddies and i were out to dinner at a mcminemins(pub). we ordered our food, it came promptly. We asked for more mustard and ketchup at our table. let me tell you there was one other table in the entire place that had people. the guy says to us "yea ill bring that over right away" he was a very nice waiter. half an hour later not one refill on our waters, nor did we get any mustard or ketchup. we had finished our food. The waiter was sitting on his ass playing with his phone. He came over and said "sorry for the shitty service" . I was very nice and said the food was great can we get our check please. subsequently none of us gave him a tip. he noticed it and got mad at us, rolled his eyes and says "whatever".

I generally always over tip. but come on
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I always give at least 20%, but have not tipped really bad service once. However, I was with a party of people and they still gave the guy a tip. Softies. I always give an extra dollar or two over my regular tip for a waitress with a nice ass regardless of service unless it's truly abysmal.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

evolutionmovement wrote:I always give an extra dollar or two over my regular tip for a waitress with a nice ass regardless of service unless it's truly abysmal.
Nice. I usually leave my number as well... just to be a jerkoff.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I've not left a tip plenty of times.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NcjPxkv7vA
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

i work as a waiter and there have been times where i (for some unknown reason) have totally had my head up my ass and given really crappy service. it is times like that where i would gladly not have a tip and just have the people leave so i can hit the "reset" button and try again.

normally i give really good service and can count on at least 18%.

the sad fact is that when most of my coowrkers get stiffed for giving shitty service they have no idea that they did anything wrong and think that the person that stiffed them is just an asshole. when in reality the server just sucks. the problem is they dont know (or care ) that they suck.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

yea, had the guy filled my water up once, or asked how it was i would have tipped regardless of whether i got the other stuff that i ask for, but... oh well im sure im not the first and im sure im not the last
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
Hondasucks
In Neutral

Post by Hondasucks »

My wife left "TIP: Better Service :-)" on the receipt once when we got exceptionally shitty service (Yes, she even put the smiley face)
1990 Legacy LS wagon, FT4WD 5MT
1987 GL Turbo wagon, DR4WD 5MT
1992 Dodge Ram 4WD Turbodiesel 4AT
1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan 4AT :(
1992 SVX LS-L
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

I got crappy service once and waited 20 minutes for my bill.
When the waiter came back with my CC receipt, the little book thing it comes back in was covered on the bottom with frosting. When I took it from him it got all over my hands. I was so pissed that I took the receipt and wiped all the frosting off onto it and put it back in the book.
SUBARUEHS Racing