Kuhmo Ecsta AST

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Dewey 8d
In Neutral

Kuhmo Ecsta AST

Post by Dewey 8d »

Anybody tried them? Thoughts? Only reason I ask is because I had my tire choice narrowed down to 2 until I saw the price of these on TireRack.com - $58/tire?! They can't be any good for that price, right?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... es&place=0

Justin :-D
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Kuhmos are pretty good as far as I'm concerned. I have a set of Ecstas for the summer.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
Dewey 8d
In Neutral

Post by Dewey 8d »

After reading some of the reviews of the AST on TireRack.com, I've decided to go with the ASX and see how that works. I might try out the $58/tire AST just because of the price someday, but until then, I'll try the ASX. There's just something about that price that makes me nervous to put them on my car.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Excellent for the money. Quieter and much better lasting then the Falkens, whose performance only lasted about 5k before turning to shit. Allow some sliding. Absolutely worthless in snow. Like Mickey Thompson drag tires.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Dewey 8d
In Neutral

Post by Dewey 8d »

I assume you are referring to the ASX?
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Sorry, the Kumho ECSTAs
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Dewey 8d
In Neutral

Post by Dewey 8d »

Ecsta ASX? Or AST? :-D
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I don't remember.