Where can I find a BC Legacy sedan?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mxpunk
In Neutral

Where can I find a BC Legacy sedan?

Post by mxpunk »

Ive been looking all over craigslist and I just about found one decent 93 silver one with LOW miles, going to be investigating that. But whats the deal..theres tons of wagons but barly any sedans around here in nj?

I have a boosted impreza 1.8 (ej18/22t heads hybrid) but my obs impreza wagon is beat up and i want to replace it soon with a nice daily driver..preferbly a BC Leg'

Can anyone help me locate one that isnt a rust bucket?

Everyone is telling me its an ugly car but I think they're friggin sweet..plus everyone has an impreza. :twisted:
1996 Impreza Outback Sport 5 speed ej22
1997 Impreza Brighton 5 speed ej18t
keirnna
First Gear

Post by keirnna »

They seem to go for sale in groups. I have been trying to pick one up for about 4 years. I still don't have one. I drove and blew up an automatic one in Hawaii in 2004. I tried to buy it in the blown up state, but the lot wouldn't sell it. The transmission just died. Be prepared to drive if you expect to find close to what you want. I've seen the car I want for the price I want, but it was an auto, etc...
Subarus are probably the most reliable cars made – they make Hondas look like South American dictatorships." - Jeremy Clarkson
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

What are you looking to spend? I'm thinking of getting out of gasoline engines, into diesel running veg oil...

I'll sell mine for $6500, as it sits now. Zero-mile STI 2.5L RS-RA motor, (well, 500 miles now...) I have LOADS of stuff not installed yet, as well, choose what you like for an additional fee. It needs A/C charged, and could use the bumpers & nose repainted.

This is a bargain, ask anyone who's been following the trip...the car is a rocket now, just using the stock ECU.

Two very small rust spots, on aft end of rockers where they meet rear wheel arch. One side is treated w/ POR-15, other is not yet, but will be this weekend. NO other rust on the car.

read about it here

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Located in Queens, NY.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
mxpunk
In Neutral

Post by mxpunk »

3-4g's @ the most..im not looking for a monster or anything, just a nice ej22 that runs on unleaded..sorry.
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I flew to Los Angeles to get my '94. Paid about $2900 IIRC. People thought I was crazy, but the ride back was well worth it. The desert is a great place for a shakedown cruise, unless you happen to break down, of course. I did 130 mph for a half hour straight, only slowing down for turns and the other cars, which were far and few between. The scenery was great until we got out of Colorado, which is where we finally saw the first law enforcement officer watching for speeders. Damned flatlanders. Got pulled over three times from the final edge of Colorado to the opposite end of Iowa. Rat bastards got us with the plane on the third one. But still, IMHO, well worth the trip.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
mxpunk
In Neutral

Post by mxpunk »

yea i have a feeling im gonna have to find one on the west coast..im going to california tonight actually, lol..but i aint buying no leggy while im out there
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Oregon and Washington are probably your best bet...

You can pick up a nice sedan around here for $2000
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Don't all California Legacies have that extra emission crap in it? My car, fortunately, was originally a Pennsylvania car, so it doesn't matter. But did our cars have to have the extra crap?

Check out Colorado. There were more Subarus in Boulder than fat chicks in Milwaukee, and we have a LOT of fat chicks. At one stop light, I counted seventeen Subies either parked, stopped, or driving by within a light change. Bought some potski from a guy who took us for a quick cruise up the mountain in his Outback for a smoke run, too. Man, that was my kind of city. Tons of hot chicks, tons of subies, and plenty of good smoke.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

No, Subaru had federalized cars. All of them are the same.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Sweet! I've always wondered that.

Sorry about the hijacking.

Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Oh, and you can also look in the "Parts Shed" forum here. People sometimes try to off their car there.
mxpunk
In Neutral

Post by mxpunk »

thanks guys :)

im too young to be driving a legacy!