Zeitgeist

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Zeitgeist

Post by 93forestpearl »

A little eye opening. Keep an open mind.

WARNING: Two hours long, but worth it.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

i watched it a while back
it was interesting, definitely makes you think, but i am not really a believer of its 9/11 theory, nor most of the others it had.
but they really do make you take another look at what happened

the religious segment at the end made a lot of sense to me actually, a lot of what it said is the reason i am agnostic (not from watching the video, i already knew a lot of what it was talking about).

i mean think about it, the Bible can be interpreted to mean anything you want it too, from a literal story telling it as it happened to a fabricated tale to teach a moral lesson.
the way many teach it would mean 99% of people including themselves are going to hell
others teach it like God does not really care what you do as long as you are good to others and whatnot

i have not found many Christians that are not self-righteous hypocrites. its get drunk and laid on saturday, pray it off in church sunday. "im going to heaven because i believe in God and go to church, even though i like to get laid and treat people like shit and tell atheist and Muslims they are going to hell .....but God still loves me :-D"
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Hey you know we didn't ever land on the moon either.

Seriously my eyeballs are about to roll out of the back of my head.
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Not to step on toes here but WORD! I have my own beliefs in a higher power but it does not involve going to a mass "brainwashing" and being told by a faliable human being that I am less of a spirit due to my lack of posturing or dancing or tithing or whatever. Case in point, my father was once nominated "Father of the Year" by our church leaders while he was beating the snot out of us kids and raping my sister. Not the norm for a church, granted, but it is unfortunately a reat example of how blinded we can become by our own ritiousness as we precieve ourselves to be vessles of the All Mighty.
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

The stuff about people wanting our country to go to war is hard for me not to believe because war is hugely profitable.

As far as the religion part goes, I've always thought it was blasphemy. Now I have another was to piss off some of the hardcore Catholics I know. I was raised Catholic btw.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

me too, but i do not know any "hardcore" catholics lol, most of them i know are fairly stereotypical: alcoholic, gambling, blue collar workers that have probably never opened a bible but they go to church every sunday
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

History 101: The US economy always exhibits a very strong economical boost following a war..... BUT....that does not stand true for this war as a motive since during Bush's terms of office our economy posted an increase in excess of 4%. During this "recession" we are posting a mere increase of just over 1.7% so obviously were not doing well and the war was all about profit. So in essence I too would tend to wonder if not for the facts.

Lets not forget that at the height of his career as president, Clinton only just broke 1.5% economic growth, as did most decent presidents of our nations history.

AS for the religion thing. I hope not to come off as spiteful. Im not, I paid too much money in therapy to feel that way anymore. I just cant help but notice that when you point out the obvious and glaring contradictions in conventional christianity the first reaction is to condemn you for your sins rather than hold an intelligent debate about beliefs.

And one of my big bro's married a catholic and then converted.
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

great movie

+1
1994 Crimson Pearl SS [ td04, 06 fxt tmic,3" catless dp -> apex GT spec exhaust, EDM Tails ]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

cliff notes anyone?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

all christianity was actually pagan sun god rituals, the government did 9/11, and the banks are secretly in control of the world.

most of their facts and quotes are cherry picked from the [debunked] ramblings of crazy conspiracy theories/idiots, but they present it well with neat graphics and shocking pictures. That gives it an air of credibility even though it's 100% bullshit.

I tried watching it twice. The first time I made it about 2 minutes and the other day I got through about half an hour.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Legacy777 wrote:cliff notes anyone?
cliff notes:
This guy that made it doesn't know economics at all..... rather dissapointing
Central Banks are the worst thing ever devised by man.
FDR was a bitch ha ha

uh, coming off the Gold standard was a huge mistake

religion is merely a means of mass control of people
all religions are the same (broadly)
the sun.. bla bla

oh, and 9/11 was devised by president bush and implemented as a means (tool) to pass political agendas

ya, really brief i watched the whole thing like 5 months ago.

i dont agree with all of it, but alot of it really does make sense.
this guy did his research, but some of it is well.. kinda out of control.
i dont know the beliefs of ppl on this boad so i wont get into that now..

Josh, i thought you already watched it?
BTW, it really makes you think.. ALOT
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

No I didn't watch it.....not that I recall.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm