1994 Legacy SS 5MT $1750 OBO - priced for quick sell!

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
SilverL90
In Neutral

1994 Legacy SS 5MT $1750 OBO - priced for quick sell!

Post by SilverL90 »

I have a 1994 Legacy Sport Sedan with a 5MT, looking to sell quickly...

Year:1994
Mileage:190K
Color: White

Ej22T, 5speed, MoonRoof, CD Player, AC, power windows, locks, antenna
etc - all work well

The Good:

.Runs and drives great - no accidents - good DD!
.Only two owners, non smokers
.Strong Engine (needs TLC see "The Bad:") - runs great
.5 speed is in good condition, no grinding slop
.New clutch approximately 12 months ago
.Body is rust free, paint is in good condition (not great, the car *IS*
14 years old)
.Complete stock, never modified, never raced, never abused.
.New Alternator and Battery in January
.Only asking $1750 OBO!

The Bad:
.Needs TLC
.There is an oil leak, based on the location of the oil it's probably
the valve cover seals. However to be fair all the seals are original and
should be replaced - I have pricing on all of this if someone didn't
want to do it themselves.
.MoonRoof seal leaks a small bit of water, it is NOT enough to get the
driver wet, it just makes the fabric sun guard damnp
.Will need tires before winter rolls around
.Mechanic says it will need new brakes all around soon

Over all The car is in very good shape for a 14 year old car, my low
asking price is because I know it needs some mechanical work but someone
who is inclined or an enthusiast could do it all themselves.

I really would love to see this car go to someone else in the Subaru
family who will appreciate this car, make me a reasonable offer and
let's talk!
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Location?
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
GotSubie
First Gear

Post by GotSubie »

Martinsburg, WV i believe
zmw
In Neutral

Post by zmw »

This is the same car listed about 2 weeks ago by Cara, Since then she's gotten it looked at and has a better idea of what the car might be worth. The car is in WV... I know she's trying to move to LA in the next couple months so she's pretty agressive about wanting to sell the car... make a reasonable offer and she'll probably take it.

Peace - Z
SilverL90
In Neutral

Post by SilverL90 »

Location is Martinsburg, WV.

ZMW has been helping me figure this car-selling situation out - he knows a lot about my car so any of your questions can probably be steered his way for a good answer.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Wow, I'd be over in a heartbeat if you were within driving distance of me! I'd buy your car and then sell mine.

Any remote chance you want to drive through AZ to get to LA? (I'm not kidding!)
'94 TW
SilverL90
In Neutral

Post by SilverL90 »

Nope! We're going the northern way. Sorry Charlie! :D
zmw
In Neutral

Post by zmw »

93Leg-c - you could transport it to arizona for about what it would cost to drive it there... if you really want it, PM her and work something out... the price is definitely right and I'm in the same boat you are, I am half tempted to fly to WV and drive it back, or even pay to get it shipped... I'm in Texas..
theflystyle
Second Gear

Post by theflystyle »

i am 100 miles away, can i come see it? or meet you somewhere??
-94 Legacy L
-94 SVX LSi
-08 Legacy 3.0R

-And the list of things your should never say again...gets longer....
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

SilverL90 wrote:Nope! We're going the northern way. Sorry Charlie! :D
You really ought to drive the southern route. Otherwise, you'll miss out on the 110+* weather we're having. That will really make you appreciate LA when you get there. (You know I'm joking, right?)
'94 TW
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

zmw wrote:93Leg-c - you could transport it to arizona for about what it would cost to drive it there... if you really want it, PM her and work something out... the price is definitely right and I'm in the same boat you are, I am half tempted to fly to WV and drive it back, or even pay to get it shipped... I'm in Texas..
Thanks for the suggestion but I did check with auto transporters. So far the quotes I've received range from $1150 to $1500 to ship. That puts the ss out of my reach financially. I also thought of flying to WV to get it, but I don't have the time to do that. So, short of Cara, family, or friend driving it out to AZ on the way to LA, I'm left with the happy thought that someone on legacycentral will buy the ss and enjoy it.

If Cara and say, a family member, delivered the car, I'd drive them and luggage in my wagon and drive them to LA at no charge and I'd even buy them a meal, too. And, fixing the issues Cara posted are no problem for me as I already have a set of wrx wheels/tires, wrx brakes, valve cover gaskets, etc. ready to install.

Cara, I know you'll be reading this post, so if you're not able to sell your ss (but I'm almost certain someone will buy it from you), please PM me if there is a possibility of selling me your ss. Thanks!
'94 TW
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Oh, zmw, I don't think I welcomed you to legacy central. So, WELCOME! :D
'94 TW
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

lol flystyle wants to come look at it he just said but nobody got to in unless u PMd him, GL with sale!!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
theflystyle
Second Gear

Post by theflystyle »

what do you think fixing the oil leak will cost?
-94 Legacy L
-94 SVX LSi
-08 Legacy 3.0R

zmw
In Neutral

Post by zmw »

It depends on if you fix it or not... and I am guessing here, I would encourage you to ask a local mechanic, but here's my swag...

if you have a mechanic replace ALL the seals and do the timing belt while they are at it you are probably look at $350 for the rear main seal and 275$ for all the others + timing belt... but that would be paying a mechanic to do it and paying retail on the parts..

I would say that for MOST replacing these seals is a 50$ job at home - the rest of the price above is all labor.

it's not hard - the rear main is the big one because I think it requires dropping the tranny at least?

-Z
theflystyle
Second Gear

Post by theflystyle »

crappy part is i dont have the facilities to be doing any repairs myself.. hmmmmmmm
-94 Legacy L
-94 SVX LSi
-08 Legacy 3.0R

bepa
Second Gear

name addition

Post by bepa »

Cara If you add the letters "SS" It may help.

that said. someone in you area also is a(couple of them) fellow subaru owner who may be of a helping hand.

okay new question, are you willing to take payments?

up this way I try to put a veteran or family member into these. I pick them up and fix what is needed, then sell to one of them. working at the V.A. helps me help them.

price is a little high for me or them, but would like to see if possible.

good luck with the sale. I would take this as is and fix it to sell.

good hunting, if you can wait you should get your price. driving the car and having a sign in it is one best ways to sell. also take it to hang out spots for high school kids. they will know a turbo legacy!!

the big thing is the time you have. sh*! if I could afford the gas I would be there and help fix it. then it would be a keeper. good luck and hang in there. if you believe you can do anything.

bepa
91 SS/ 01 MB ML 55
Bronx, NY.
SilverL90
In Neutral

Post by SilverL90 »

I'm not willing to take payments only because I need the money right now, in full. I didn't put any down on my new car that I just bought so I'd like to get some of that paid off with the money I get from this sale.