It happened again.....

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

It happened again.....

Post by Legacy777 »

Someone hit my car again......while freakin parked!!!!

Second time in less then 6 months.......I'm rather peeved......that's not the particular word I would use if this weren't a public board.

I have a much more sarchastic and sadistic post over here if your interested in reading my rantings http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... did=300777
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Damn, man! That sucks! Don't mean to aggravate you, but your pics don't work...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

That makes me sick. You think it could be popped back out?

:lol: Probably a woman.

I just watched a show on discovery. It easily proved the advantages and disadvantages of being a woman.

They had a clear edge over us in certain tasks, while men did better in others.

For example, a group of children from diverse backgrounds (every color). Dropping alot of money down and having them grab in mid air resulted in the boy group catching 6 while the girls caught zero.

They asked another group of diverse children to draw a detailed image of a bike. Boys got the angles and geometry right on. The girls had a hard time.

How this relates?

They asked a group of adults to park a car, they timed them. The men took an average of 1 minute 15 seconds while the women took over THREE TIMES AS LONG.

BTW: I can see the images
zak
First Gear

Post by zak »

That sucks man :cry:

I feel for you. Just remember, it can be fixed!
Zak Malbin
1993 Legacy Turbo
Boost +, AWIC, 3" turbo back, intake, trailer hitch, etc.
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

i hate people
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
vypa
First Gear

Post by vypa »

ouch... know how you feel tho. my dad hit mine in the driveway... :shock: :?
Brian
http://vypa.homestead.com/index.html
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Michael,

If they don't show up lemme know....I'll email ya.....hit the refresh button.....

ciper....yeah I caught a little of that show......pretty interesting stuff. It was on, on sunday.....I was in mega lazy mode that day......It was freakin cold, nasty, and rainy......I just didn't make it outside....despite needing to go to the store......

I'm not sure about bein pulled/pushed back out. There is a dent wizard guy that showed up at one of our car meets. He's pretty freakin good.....I'm goin to give him a call tomorrow and see if there is anything he can do or not.......or if he even wants to give it a shot.

I just don't want to spend any more money on this car and have some f@#ker hit it again. I've got a bumper and a turbo hood being painted......depending on price.....I might have them shoot a fender too....but then I don't really want to have just the one fender.....which means I should do the other........costs keep escalating.......so I think if I can get it banged out reasonablly......I will do that for the time being......and if I decide to keep the car, and have it long enough.....I may decide to have it repainted......in which time I'll take care of all the BS..........

f@#kin pisses me off.......Houston's not on my good graces......we'll see how long before I bounce to some place else........
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

vypa wrote:ouch... know how you feel tho. my dad hit mine in the driveway... :shock: :?
my girl side swiped my legacy backing out of my driveway with her 00 mustang while i was sleeping. i awoke to my alarm going off and my girl coming thru the door crying. fender to 1/4 panel. my two doors could barley open. she said she had the music on and didnt hear the noise. she is blond by the way. i am rocking two white doors cause of her. oh well. at least i know who hit me. when i had my corolla hatch that thing got banged up a couple of times no note left. twice at my college end once at work. the time at work it got hit by a push cart and i just got a new paint job. thats harsh. i feel ya pain josh. it can be fixed. it really sucks though. try the ding king. good luck to you.
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

Man, that really sucks. I HATE it when I get hit while I'm parked. a monster Ford SUV parked next to me leaving me 3.4 inches (I measured) in the back, and 6 inches in the front. You'd think she'd be careful about getting out, but now I have a nice red smear on my front quarter-panel with a nice dimple around it.

It's too bad about her truck though. After seeing the mark, it seems my key rubbed up against the length of her truck as I went to check the rear for damage. And again, teh key seems to have rubbed up agains t the side of her truck when I went to double-check for more marks in front. Yeah, it's too bad about that. went right through her paint into the metal. oh well, Karma got the best of her I guess.

(PS - first time I've ever been livid enough to do that)
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Geez!! You're havin almost as much luck as I had last year with the old car:( Three accidents, none my fault. One I wasn't even in the car (hit by a drunk driver while parked).

It does really suck!! I feel your pain, tho. I think last year I actually drove my car 7 mos. It was in the shop the rest of the time :evil:
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Legacy777 wrote:Michael,

If they don't show up lemme know....I'll email ya.....hit the refresh button.....
They work now...

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Holy Crap! My dad hit mine in the driveway too. Still haven't gotten it fixed, I'm hoping I'll be able to throw in a few other dings while I'm getting that work done. What is it with Dad's and driveways?

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
vypa
First Gear

Post by vypa »

haha wow... 2 brians whos dads hit there legacies in the driveway... aint that weird? it wasnt a volkswagen by any chance was it :lol:
Brian
http://vypa.homestead.com/index.html
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You know what else irks me? We all like our cars, we like performance, so logically, we're all gonna be a bit leadfooted. We don't do anything retarded, but we probably drive faster than the average Joe...

So why is it that we all get in little fender-benders when we're cruisin around town, mindin' our own business, driving like perfectly sane people? If I lost control of my car doin 80 on the highway and totalled it, I'd only have myself to blame. But when I'm going 15mph and some @$$hole hits me, that kinda angers me...

I've had 2 cars so far in my life, and both have had a wreck, both in the same area of the car (driver's door), same speed (about 15-20), and both were the other guy's fault. The first one was an old lady that almost wheeled and dealed her way out of the ticket, and the other was hit-and-run (didn't get his tag #, now I wish I'd gone after him). That's the only reason I'm a little worried to get a lovely new WRX. What if lightning strikes 3 times in a row?

*Formerly DerFahrer*

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

What's even worse is all the F*cking SUV drivers with their huge ass doors that seem to swing into every car they park next to. My office looks down on a supermarket parking lot and I see it ALL DAY. I still haven't figured out if it's the drivers or the cars or both. It sucks either way though.

-Brian

And yes, it is wierd :shock:
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well....I can tell you it was definitely an SUV that hit me.......

I think SUV almost shouldn't have been invented....or wish they wouldn't have become the all out status symbol/bigger retarded thing for everyone to have.......Yes some people use them......most people don't.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

I agree. My car is missing paint on a door and every corner, plus it has two broken taillights - all at SUV height for some reason....

Damn, how come everyone's got to drive a big assault vehicle.....
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I was telling someone else on another board that I'm thinking of driving an M1 abrahams tank.... :lol:

I think people would think twice before hitting me or dinging....however that is what the body armor is for :D
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You know what? I've told my Escalade-lovin' co-workers this... I think a small car is manly, not a big SUV... If I go around driving a Justy, I can handle the world myself, I'm tough enough. Someone in an Excursion needs to cocoon themselves in protection because they're scared of what's out there....

I don't need that. I'm enough of a man that I don't need armor surrounding me...

Besides, who drives SUV's nowadays? That's right, soccer moms! Very manly indeed...

Ahhh, who needs a psychiatrist when you can bitch all you want on a discussion forum... :lol:

*Formerly DerFahrer*

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Is it the ECVT justy?! Ive always wanted one of those!
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

The funny thing is that the soccer moms that drive these beasts are probably only driving them because the "man" (husband) wanted a big vehicle but didn't want to drive it everyday. He's probably off driving his 3 series while the wife is in the parking lots trying to juggle kids, shopping, and a HUGE ASS vehicle. The biggest complaint I had was that we weren't getting a lot of the performance cars because the car companies were making so much $$ off the SUV craze that they could afford to look the other way. Now it seems the tides are turning a little and we're starting to get some of the crazy performance vehicles over here so there's a little less to complain about. Regardless, my g/f and I still joke about mens need to compensate for other "things" when they're driving these behemouths.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

ciper wrote:Is it the ECVT justy?! Ive always wanted one of those!
Actually, my only Subie (my only car) is my Legacy, but I want to run across a Justy Turbo. Somewhere in the universe is a Justy Turbo, I've heard of them... Brat Turbos too :shock: ...

I really wanna find a GL-10 turbo, but I need some more $$$, and a place to put it...

*Formerly DerFahrer*

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

eastbaysubaru wrote:The funny thing is that the soccer moms that drive these beasts are probably only driving them because the "man" (husband) wanted a big vehicle but didn't want to drive it everyday. He's probably off driving his 3 series while the wife is in the parking lots trying to juggle kids, shopping, and a HUGE ASS vehicle. The biggest complaint I had was that we weren't getting a lot of the performance cars because the car companies were making so much $$ off the SUV craze that they could afford to look the other way. Now it seems the tides are turning a little and we're starting to get some of the crazy performance vehicles over here so there's a little less to complain about. Regardless, my g/f and I still joke about mens need to compensate for other "things" when they're driving these behemouths.

-Brian
Other thing that is prompting a decline in SUV's is the gov't is starting to crack down on the horrible gas mileage they have.

I heard somewhere that there was going to be a tax or something on SUV's and such.....I for one fully support it! 10% of the people that have SUV's probably actually use them.....the rest prob could get by with a smaller vehicle.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Somewhere in the universe is a Justy Turbo, I've heard of them... Brat Turbos too :shock: ...
You have to read this article!

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0728/page1.html
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

WHOA COOL! That's freakin' awesome! Oh what I would do if I won the lottery :lol: ! I actually understand there's a kit to shoehorn the EJ20 into the Justy as well, heck, even the Focus 5.0 (remember that beast?) wouldn't have a thing on that...

*Formerly DerFahrer*