td04 turbo

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
idylan123
In Neutral

td04 turbo

Post by idylan123 »

standard td04 turbo, my brother works at a volvo dealership and got this turbo almost brand new out of one of the cars and brought it home for me. barely used, pretty clean (will clean up more before selling) it technically is for VOLVO but u can probably get it to work.onboard wastegate so no need to buy one. im in the northwest. ill get better pictures up tomorrow of the turbine and flange, etc. (you get everything in pic,turbo wise)pm me for a faster response.

MAKE AN OFFER
payments will be via pay pal unless you are local.
crappy cellphone pic
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

what is the bolt profile of the exhaust port? will it bolt up to our downpipes? what about in hot air intake, will our uppipes bolt up to it?
1994 Crimson Pearl SS [ td04, 06 fxt tmic,3" catless dp -> apex GT spec exhaust, EDM Tails ]
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Doesn't look right from the one picture... it may be a TD-04, but the flanges won't fit Subarus.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Thats an odd looking TD04. I feel like it is way longer than a "normal" Subaru TD04 so it could present problems for people who are working with the 90 degree intake inlets. Not to mention the downpipe might have to be custom to work.
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
idylan123
In Neutral

Post by idylan123 »

new pics
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

Post by Arctic Assassian »

FAIL!
Kickin' it old-school.
Bdub
Second Gear

Post by Bdub »

Thats a big negative.
Through The Generations...
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Cool little turbo - I like the BPV/BOV built into the compressor housing! This turbo is supposed to flow in the low 400 CFM range @ 1 bar of boost so it will kick a WRX TD04 in the nuts.

This MIGHT work as a "Bolt on" on a Subaru IF the turbine is the same as a WRX turbine.

Basically you'd have to

1. undo the v-band clamp that holds the e-housing onto the cartridge - undo the 10mm lock-bolt
2. seperate the e-housing from the catridge
3. slide the Volvo TD04 compressor & cartridge into a WRX e-housing
4. install v-band clamp

I have a WRX TD04 in the garage & my buddy has a Volvo turbo somewhere in the abyss that is his garage I have to try it out & see if it will work when I get a chance.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THE ABOVE ON A TD04 MYSELF & DO NOT KNOW IF IT WILL WORK,
but
I have put an Eclipse straight inlet TD05 into a WRX TD05 e-housing & it worked flawlessly!
So I know there is a chance that the 2 turbos may work as a hybird
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD