G'day!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Aussie_in_mo
In Neutral

G'day!

Post by Aussie_in_mo »

Hey there,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been into the Subies for a few years now, got an '82 Brat and my wife drives a '00 Outback with the 5 speed.
Anyways, I've just picked up an EJ22 that I'm planning on shovelling into the Brat. I'll be digging around here for more info on the engines etc.! :P
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Welcome.

Got pics of your cars?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Aussie_in_mo
In Neutral

Post by Aussie_in_mo »

Ask and ye shall receive!!
I'm due to take some of the OBW by now, been working on our house a lot so I haven't taken any yet.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Looks like a beaut!

I love those Brats, Is your the 4 Speed?

I shure hope not, with an EJ22 swap

There lots of information about this floating around, So good luck, let us know where you are!

As we are the EJ22 Gurus!
FastRust
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

94SS_Canada wrote: I love those Brats, Is your the 4 Speed?

I shure hope not, with an EJ22 swap
Its much better than the only other option for the brat... a 3spd auto.

If your doing the EJ Swap, you most definatly want to swap in a 5spd from the EA82 series. The USMB has a ton of swap info, if you havent been, you should check it out. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum

They have an entire forum dedicated to the swapping of EJ series engines into other Subaru's.
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
Aussie_in_mo
In Neutral

Post by Aussie_in_mo »

Currently I'm running the 4spd S/R trans in the Brat. Got over 200k miles on her with the original engine/trans combo. It'll sit at about 3000rpm in 4th at 65mph...
I've got a swap lined up for a 5spd d/r out of an RX turbo Sedan that's running 27" TSL swampers... Gearing's not quite right for the RX but should be OK for the Brat... 5th will run me at .871 which is a better OD gearing than I have right now!
@ TSJ, I've been on USMB for about a year now... Check out my posting from the other day in the "old gen" forum it's titled "It just followed me home"
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

HAHA, looks like you know your stuff!
FastRust
Aussie_in_mo
In Neutral

Post by Aussie_in_mo »

hehehe, yeah, got a thing or two figured out about what direction I'm going...
Biggest hurdle is that I don't intend using the factory ECU. I'm looking into dumping a Megasquirt system into it!
I work for a company that does a lot of custom fabrication so I've got access to waterjets, polishing equipment, welders, press brakes, shears etc. so I've got a lot of ideas about where this is going to wind up. I'm thinking of bolting a turbo onto it (I've got a TD04 ready to go) but want to get it running N/A first, then tune it up nice and then go for the turbo probably running around 8lbs or so. By that time I'll probably be ready to build up an EJ22T block into some weird hybrid.

Here's a coupla pics of the OBW from when we bought it...