Will work for money...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

snowboarded
Third Gear

Will work for money...

Post by snowboarded »

So I am currently unemployed and having a heck of a time finding good work, as the unemployment rate here is evidently pretty high...

So in short, i live in northeast ohio and am in the IT industry. Im not a Systems Admin yet but am getting there. Im just a general support tech guy.

Do any of you have any info or contacts that might be of help?

Yes i know its a long shot since so many on this board are spread out across the states, but desperate times... ;-)
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Tough spot to be in, Ive been there myself.

I have a friend that works with legacy health centers as a higher up tech guy.. he gets promoted faster than I can memorize job titles so not sure what the EXACT position is.

Ill give him a call tonight. Dunno if legacy has hospitals in Ohio or not but might be able to get an ear for something closer to where you live.

In the mean time advertise yourself. spam resume's and put an add on Craigslist looking for IT gigs. Do personal work on the side till you get yourself squared up. You would be surprised how many people there are out there that have computers and don't know a thing about them.

Whatever you do. DON'T just sit at home. It leaves you time to think and when your in a tough spot you tend to think about how tough it is, this leads to depression.

Anyways. Best of luck to you. Being in a seasonal work industry im not to far from being out of work myself.
Dave

Post by n2x4 »

Have you tried getting ahold of Robert Half? They have a branch in Akron
www.roberthalftechnology.com

I have a friend that got laid off from his IT job with me and they got him a spot at FirstMerit in Akron.

I'd say that's your best bet if you haven't called them already.
SUBARUEHS Racing
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

Thanks for all the replies!

I have been blasting every company i could find on monster and career builder for a few weeks. And i have to check craigslist each day and hope i dont double send my resume. Its just tough now because theres only a few positions open and a lot of people looking.

I never thought about posting an ad for myself on craigslist. Thanks for the idea, ill have to give it a try.

Ive worked with/currently working with RHT right now, sadly the guys ive talked to havent been the most helpful... they keep on wanting to push me more to programming and away from my current chosen career path of tech support because i have more experience with programming. I guess it doesnt matter that i have certs in Desktop Support :roll:

n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

What's your name? I'll make a few phonecalls to them and see if I can be of any help. I know people who know people :-D
SUBARUEHS Racing
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Sorry to but into your thread, But did the car sell?
FastRust
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

n2x4 wrote:What's your name? I'll make a few phonecalls to them and see if I can be of any help. I know people who know people :-D
Sure, its Jared Millirons. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
94SS_Canada wrote: Sorry to but into your thread, But did the car sell?
Yes it did sell. If the rest of the payments fall thru, i will make sure to update all interested parties. :-)