Front limit switch location (auto seat belt)

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Dr. Gonzo
First Gear

Front limit switch location (auto seat belt)

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I finally got around to digging into why my passenger side seat belt doesn't go forward and found an obvious problem. The electrical connector at the front of the track was just hanging there not plugged into anything.
I beleive this plugs into the front limit switch, but after looking in the footwell and behind the glove box I don't see any 'available' plastic connectors of the same configuration. I tried following the wires off the driver side front connector but with the fusebox in the foot well it was too confusing for me to follow.
If someone knows where this 'switch' is on the passenger side and what it looks like please let me know. Then when I find mine is somehow missing I'll know where to look at the junk yard...
Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, I had already bought another track/motor assembly to replace mine and I no longer need it if any one's interested PM me (passenger side).
04 Forester XTi VF39, TMIC, 3" exhaust, COBB accessport
92 Legacy L wagon 5 spd, 266K miles
83 wagon SOLD
04 STi COBB stage 2 & wingless SOLD
92 Legacy SS 5MT-TD04,TMIC, 3"exhaust SOLD
00 Legacy GT wagon 5spd SOLD
90 Legacy LSi wagon
Soul Shinobi
Second Gear

Post by Soul Shinobi »

I think (but I'm not completely sure) it's the plastic black box attached to the end of the seatbelt track (I think there's one on either end). That's were I got to after tracing the wiring diagrams and connector locations. I think I need to replace mine, I've just made a more comprehensive seatbelt topic here: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=273939
-Nick
1992 BC Legacy L Sedan AWD 5MT 272,000 - Wish you the best
1998 BK Legacy L Wagon 5MT 234,000 miles - RIP
2002 SF Forester S Wagon 5MT 215,000 miles - Current winter sleigh
1986 FC Mazda RX-7 GXL Coupe 5MT 155,000 miles - Summer cruiser