I'm 21 in three days, And I cannot drink.

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

I'm 21 in three days, And I cannot drink.

Post by Arctic Assassian »

I got diverticulitis, three days ago. It's a GI tract infection, don't look it up, it's gross. The antibiotics I'm taking interact with alcohol in a bad bad way, and I was told not to do any drinking for two weeks.

I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE!!!! NO BEER FOR TWO WEEKS?!?!?!?

I'm done for. I'm gonna be a lightweight again. I'm not going to... make...... it. lol

Anyone else miss important birthdays? I did not get a celebration on my 16th either, considering i was grounded for being a stoner.
Kickin' it old-school.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Forgot mine a couple times.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Realize that events happen for a reason.
So you don't get a beer on your birthday. Just means you are not going to do anything stupid and you will enjoy it more.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

^^^ Agreed.

I completely wasted my ankle in a bicycle accident two weeks before my 21st. Meant I got to spend the celebration on crutches which really helps keep you in check when you have a 1/4 mi. from the bar back to your place. Albeit things went way south once I got back.

In all honesty, getting completely wasted on your 21st really isn't as much fun as it sounds. Wait, and have a few beers when it's clear to and just take an easy evening.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

You all sound just like my mother. Thanks.
Kickin' it old-school.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Haha, just a matter of been there and done that.

Albeit there's nothing like learning the hard way... I did :).
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Hmmm. Well how "bad" are the effects?

Like if it makes you hallucinate, then damn, drink away! But if your dick will fall off, then don't. Ha.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
tahiti350
Third Gear

Post by tahiti350 »

I've seen too many young people (male & female) screw up the rest of their lifes on their 21st birthday. I just retired after 26 years in the Air Force, and have lost friends and co-workers to everything from car wrecks to alcohol poisoning, pregencay, rape, significant injury, assult, knifings, etc.

Had one young man who had a kid with his girl friend. She died on her 21st birthday, drunk driving. He went thru the courts and won custody of his now 2 year old son. On his 21st he went out with friends after work, had a few drink and died on the way home, left the road and hit a power pole. In less than 6 months the son lost both parents to drinking....

I just shake my head everytime I hear someone say "I'm 21, and gonna get hammered tonight". They generally do....

I try to talk to them man to man, or man to woman, but the desire for alcohol is stronger.

Good luck to you if you decide to drink heavily, especially on your 21st. Hopefully someone will be there to keep you safe.
'90 Bermuda Blue L Wagon (Wife's),
Auto, AWD, Now with 275K + miles!

2005 Outback, 2.5 AWD (wife's new daily)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I never drank until I was 23. I actually like the taste of beer, so I just have a couple and call it. Never was one for getting drunk. I can count on one hand how many times it's happened and once resulted in me attempting a cartwheel on a 3rd floor deck. My face landed on an astroturf "welcome" matt. Attention and concern from girls is great, but not if it's the wrong kind. That was the wrong kind. Another time my roommate and I took to shooting beer bottles off the fridge with a bb gun. Eventually, everything that could be shattered or penetrated by a bb made its way into the gallery. My roommate shot himself in the foot on purpose to see what it felt like (hurt). Stepped on broken f'n glass shards for months. I swear the damn things would reproduce. The last time, at my friend's bachelor party, I ended up making out with a chick, I later found out, was a lost twin for my lesbian sister. I never tried to drive, but I don't need to resort to that to almost kill myself so I don't bother.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
tahiti350
Third Gear

Post by tahiti350 »

[quote=" I ended up making out with a chick, I later found out, was a lost twin for my lesbian sister. [/quote]

That right there is reason enough not to drink... especially if your sister looks like mine :smt061 :smt064

smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

To the OP...

Damn dude, that sucks, I'm sorry!

21 is still 4 birthdays away for me.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

She's reasonably attractive (or was), but that's not the point. They didn't necessarily look exactly alike anyway so much as they talked exactly the same - same odd vocal intonations and figures of speech. Even their voices were very close. Creepy. I'm not Egyptian enough for that kind of thing.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

being a lightweight just means you can party on the cheap
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I started drinking when I was 18, although it was the pussy Kool-Aid stuff (Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard, etc.). Hey, at least I had an idea what it was all about by the time I was 21.

Strangely enough, I got way more drunk my 20th birthday than I did my 21st. An of-age friend took me to a local bar/club and kept buying me drinks. I think I had four shots of Jager, a Corona (which I hate sober), and something else.

My 21st birthday consisted of a mere Bacardi and Coke and a shot of Goldschlager.

The last time I got drunk was when I made that one post on here, in the 'chemically enhanced' thread. I threw up that night... can't drink like I could in those olden days.

It's fun, I guess, but the next morning is NEVER worth it to me, so I ultimately just don't really like to get drunk.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

I rarly drink to excess. And the worst mistake of my life, which almost cost me my life, was made while blacked out driving last october. The last year of my life has been quite the turn-around, and i like to think i'm much more responsible arranging for DD's and the like. Many nights I find myself volunteering for that job, and not feeling bad that i'm not drinking. I get to check out drunk chicks. :)
Kickin' it old-school.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

ouch, that is a crappy thing to have. I learned about this in school. I believe you should probably increase your insoluble fiber intake. But the doctors probably told you that.

haha, drunk chicks. Danger can happen when intoxicated.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
tahiti350
Third Gear

Post by tahiti350 »

AA,
Glad to hear you survived the last Drunk driving situation. Lots of people don't. unfortunately a lot of innocent people also get taken out by drunk drivers, like my ex-boss's mom. 63 year old, standing at the corner waiting to cross and got run down.

I'm off my soap box now, not saying not to have fun, or not to drink, just PLEASE be cautious when you do. I've had a couple of alcohol related instances myself, but never driven after drinking.

And DerFurher, I'm 45 years old, I STILL drink the so called "pussy" stuff. I like a cold Mike's when I'm working in the yard, or surfing the net. I also dring Apfelkorn (a HARD German Apple Liqour), but don't drink beer or many other hard liquors. I limit myself to 2 mikes, or 2 good swigs of Apfelkorn a day.

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

A little alcohol is good for you (maybe). My grandfather is 95, still sharp as a tack and still does yard work. Has a couple shots of Crown Royal every day.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I learned back in school that a little bit of alcohol (approximately one or two shots) is actually good for your body because it clears out the 'bad' cholesterol in your body.

But that's one or two shots a week FYI. Lol.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Moderation is good, forethought is better, an ounce of friggin intelligence is best. I started at an early age, have a drink almost daily and seldom ever get wasted. My 21st was in fact one such time. Good friends, a taxi on retainer, and I was the only one without a hangover! Having said all that, Im sorry your laid up and hope you will find good occasion to make up for it later.
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

dude youll be alright. i was in Orlando for a croos country meet on my 21st and we went to the Hardrock and all the guys kept busting my balls about not be able to drink. later we went to downtown and i forgot my ID, might have been on purpose just so i wouldnt have to worry about getting into trouble.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
MacNews
First Gear

Post by MacNews »

DerFahrer wrote: the next morning is NEVER worth it to me, so I ultimately just don't really like to get drunk.
Not to mention for me its hard to sleep when I'm drunk, everything is spinny as @*!(%)(.
1992 Legacy SS -stock
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

MacNews wrote:
DerFahrer wrote: the next morning is NEVER worth it to me, so I ultimately just don't really like to get drunk.
Not to mention for me its hard to sleep when I'm drunk, everything is spinny as @*!(%)(.
sleep on your stomach and youll be fine
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost