where to buy piping

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

where to buy piping

Post by SILINC3R »

not sure where to put this tread at. anyway i have been trying to redo my CAI with 3'' tubing from the throttle body all the way to the fender where it is now but with less restriction from a metal piping instead of hoses and PVC and what ever else i have come up with to make it work. dont want to spend more than 100 dollars(starting budget since i dont know how much it might cost). will probably not have it welded since i dont have anywhere to go get it done and it will be cheaper just to use couplers and ties.

so what piping do i need and where should i look to get it.
Thanks
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

For steel piping JC Whitney has decent prices on mandrel bent aluminized tubing.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I really like the stuff these guys put out. Decently think piping, and nice couplers and clamps. I'll be welding with one of these kits, but the 45 and 90 degree elbow couplers make it workable. Everything is bead rolled too. I bought a black powder coated kit, which was dumb since I'm going to cut and weld it for my IC plumbing, again.

Oh, and you have a bunch of extra I might consider buying some from you as I need to do the same thing.

link
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

thanks i might consider buying but it will be a couple months till i can gather some money
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

ok so i baught the piping and the CAI is almost done. BUT i have to figure how to reatache the little tubes. what are those for anyway and do i need them
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

You are going to have PCV hoses and a hose for your idle air control valve. The IAC valve most definitely needs to source air from your post maf plumbing.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m