test drove a 2006 STi

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

test drove a 2006 STi

Post by SILINC3R »

well i test drove the STi and all i have to say is holy @#$&. it really scared me and i didnt do that much in it and i think that is why cause i know there was still more power. now granted i have a FWD N/A leg and have never been in a AWD or turbo car so i didnt know what it would fell like but damn it was amazing. there was a 2005 sitting right next to it with 500HP. well i would have died if i got to drive that one. but man i wish mine was AWD and turbo just to see what the difference is. anyone have an STi that they could say how different the two are, the Leg and the STi.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I don't but I'm quite sure it's a world of difference.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

we have an 05 STI, the modded leg turbo, and a now 07 WRX swapped RS ( with more power than the STI).

each car drives differently.

The Legacy is more raw, with good torque but not much on the top end. The STI pulls all the way. It is much easier to get the STI out of control than the legacy. But part of that for me is the DCCD. I tend to leave it in manual with it one stop below locked.

But I enjoy driving each one because they are different animals.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Can I have one when you get bored with it?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

dscoobydoo wrote:we have an 05 STI, the modded leg turbo, and a now 07 WRX swapped RS ( with more power than the STI).

each car drives differently.

The Legacy is more raw, with good torque but not much on the top end. The STI pulls all the way. It is much easier to get the STI out of control than the legacy. But part of that for me is the DCCD. I tend to leave it in manual with it one stop below locked.

But I enjoy driving each one because they are different animals.
Yea I've tried to break traction in this thing, I just can't do it at all, even in the rain, it's a far cry from my e30 in that respect...

I've driven my friend's 06 STi a few times, I love that car, his is fairly modded but all it had when I drove it , AFAIK, was cusco coilovers and an intake, at least performance parts. He had a FMIC and a tune, and I was dricing behind him, I swear I blinked and he was a block away from me, the thing was ridiculous, he was trying to catch up to something, but the tune made a huge difference.

I guess some of you probably have seen his car at meets or on NASIOC, it's the black 06 with rainbow wheels