WRX EJ20G DOHC Conversion + ej22e shortblock

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
BXSS
Fourth Gear

WRX EJ20G DOHC Conversion + ej22e shortblock

Post by BXSS »

I have a COMPLETE WRX EJ20G DOHC conversion that I was planning on slapping on a ej22e consisting of

Heads complete
Intake complete less injectors (t-body, IAC, & all associated tubing/ductwork is there)
Timing covers
Idlers
timingbelt /tensioner

I also have a ej22e shortblock with 120k on it to slap the heads onto which will give a CR of about 8.5-8.7:1, with a block that is about as strong a EJ20G (open deck + crank & rods in both motors = the same).

If anyone needs this & can pick up from NYC (too bulky/heavy to ship) PM me an offer.
Last edited by BXSS on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

You sure on that compression ratio? I thought the 22e was about 10:1, stock.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

The CR of the ej22e depends on the year of the motor.

'96 down was 9.5:1 CR
'97-98 was 9.7:1 CR
Phase II '99-01 was the only 10:1 CR & are pretty rare compared to phase I 2.2ls.

The ej22e I have is from a '95 Impreza LX Dualport N/A motor.

I am pretty sure of the CR range, & actually asked about this conversion in a old post
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=38572
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Aha. Thanks for the clarification. I must've been confusing the numbers w/ the later ej22's.
I've been thinking about this swap for a while as well. Who doesn't have a 22e sitting in thier garage, right? And all it takes is the heads and a good tune. With the slightly higher CR you keep more of the mid range and don't need a huge (expensive) turbo for the top end.
If we were closer (and I still had a job) I'd prolly take this off your hands. G/L w/ the sale and here's a free bump.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

thanks.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Sold!