sercure things moving in the legacy? -Solved-

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

sercure things moving in the legacy? -Solved-

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

-Solved-

whatcha guys think? it works so i cant complain and it only cost a couple dollars. NO that glove isnt keep the oil from coming out, its just wrapped around the bottle's cap

------

during lunch i went out to see if there was anyway of securing a small tool box (craftsman tool set) from moving everywhere in my wagon. i didn't see any notches for a oem net. so i plan on using some bungee hooks to do the job.

any one else have their own way of keeping things from moving? pics plz :D :lol:
Last edited by SiCkSTi04 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
-04 WRX STi - Java Black Pearl - Cobb Stage 2
-02 Forester Type S premium - Platinum Silver Metallic - Stock
-92 Legacy Sport Sedan - Onyx Black Pearl - Stock
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

I replaced my "road" toolbox with one of those Craftsman tool bags, and it always stayed put in the wagon...under normal driving, anyways.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

They make these rods with rubber feet for truck beds for this type of thing. Each end has a different thread so you turn the rod one way to expant the rod and vice versa. I used to use one in my old gl wagon and I don't know what happened to it. Just be careful to use it where there is metal behind the plastic.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I was thinking about building a little box for my trunk in the BMW, but I never did, just something sectioned out across the back a few inches high with an open top.

Right now I just have everything placed so that all the stuff holds the other stuff in place
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

my toolbox rides in the rear passenger footwell, with the front pass seat slid back holding it snug.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

magicmike wrote:They make these rods with rubber feet for truck beds for this type of thing. Each end has a different thread so you turn the rod one way to expant the rod and vice versa. I used to use one in my old gl wagon and I don't know what happened to it. Just be careful to use it where there is metal behind the plastic.
do you have a internet photo of this? seems like a good method
biggreen96 wrote:my toolbox rides in the rear passenger footwell, with the front pass seat slid back holding it snug.
^^ i currently do that too but don't like the idea of someone being able to see it.

how about this?
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

If your car ever needs that much oil there is a problem that those tools can't fix. :P

I have a craftsmen canvas tool bag with the basics in it that I just toss in the trunk. Doesn't really slide around or anything.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

I figure the only thing you'll be able to fix on the side of the road would require a 10,12 and maybe a 14mm wrench max so i just have those wrenches in the vinyle baggie.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Imprezive wrote:I have a craftsmen canvas tool bag with the basics in it that I just toss in the trunk. Doesn't really slide around or anything.
I've got that too -- but seems shit slides around more easily in the back of my wagon. I've actually positioned my tool bag and few rachet sets all along the back, so there isn't much room so slide side to side.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

Imprezive wrote:If your car ever needs that much oil there is a problem that those tools can't fix. :P

I have a craftsmen canvas tool bag with the basics in it that I just toss in the trunk. Doesn't really slide around or anything.

that day i was dropping off old oil to autozone from the oil change the day before lol. i cant complain with the way it is now. :)