Something to enlighten people

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

screemingbark
First Gear

Something to enlighten people

Post by screemingbark »

I found a movie tonight, and to be completely honest, it scared me to the point of informing others about it. This is NOT a scary movie in the sense that most would think of a movie being. It's scary because of how real it is. None of it may be true, but it really makes you THINK. Which is the point of the movie....to an extent. I posted this under community projects because I think that this movie involves everyone around the world. Please don't call me crazy or anything of the manner, but do take a look at this. I am not trying to impose any of MY views upon anyone, just trying to inform.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

It made my neighbor go crazy. He has some gigantic sticker on the back of our car, saying government was doing some shit, and www.zeitgeistmovie.com

I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's a lot of propaganda. I'll pass.
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

I glanced briefly at the 'criticism' section for this movie on wikipedia. Seems to be pretty accepted as baseless fear-mongering.

Also, they use the word "artivist"... that word makes me want to punch a hippy.
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
screemingbark
First Gear

Post by screemingbark »

IMHO the criticism is opinions of people that have not open their minds. The idea is to get people to think. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. You should at least watch a little of the movie

One think I always try to do is be open to new ideas.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Also watch Endgame Blueprint For Global Enslavement. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3600562261
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

that movie is some crazy shit man....
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Wow. The imagery at the begining is like the most textbook stereotypical case of fear-mongering. Are college educated people actually supposed to take them seriously after that? Fast forward a few minutes (because they'll be damned if they get right to the point), and they start off by going the "Christianity is bullshit designed to control the wold" route. Yeah, that's really mind opening, because I've never considered or heard that before. Smells strongly of dejavu and propaganda.

Forgive me for passing judgement too soon (didn't watch much), but there's no way that movie is gonna consume 2 hours of my life. Atleast not with less than a .11 BAC.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

yeah I had to turn it off after a while too, and I'm anti religion to begin with lol. makes you think though.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

There's a new one out now. Zeitgeist Addendum. I just started watching it. So far it's just been about economics and the federal reserve.

All I have to say is that we really fucked up not making Ron Paul our president.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
screemingbark
First Gear

Post by screemingbark »

I watched them both in a row and am copying them to DVD. Yes, we should have had Ron Paul. I wanted him to be our president.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I definately recommend watching the second one. It cuts right to the point.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

If he had become president, one of two things would have happened. He would have been assassinated or the federal reserve would soon seize to exist.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

umm yes.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Imprezive wrote:umm yes.
?
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Okay, I finally sat through the entire first movie.

Back in 2005, plans were drafted to mergo Canada, the US, and Mexico into the North American Union, eh? Followed by replacing all 3 countries' currencies with the Amero? And the whole thing will be done without our knowledge? Even though it's the same concept as the European Union which was internationally publicized? And why is South America gonna be left out of the global government? (they have a sizeable amount of oil and coffee, and where else can we go for good cigars and coccaine?) I'm looking forward to meeting the guys that can do this without the knowledge of anyone in the participating countries. I'd vote for them.

All of us will be required to be issues RFID-equipped REAL ID cards in May 2008? Whoops...... better run down to the Fed-DOT.

RFID chips will be used for global tracking of all of our assets and transactions? Do the makers of this movie have any idea of RFID actually works? (Hint: It's not GPS, and has no storage or even processing capability, and has limited scanner range). Not to mention that credit card transactions and public cameras track a lot of that information already. And if we "fall out of line" they can freeze our assets, too. So umm..... where's the conspiracy?

YAY! More 9/11 conspiracies! I lovie these! Oh wait.... they're all circa 2002 :(

Is.... umm.... is this movie actually meant to be taken seriously? It doesn't make me think. This movie makes me laugh. This thing has to be a tongue-in-cheek production.

The stuff about the Fed Reserve does make you think, but seeing how laughably ridiculous the rest of the movie is, I'm inclined to think that this section isn't exactly factual either.

Unless he INTENTIONALLY made the movie that bad so as to not alert the government that he's on to them! gasp! I've talked to too much! :shock:

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Here's another one for you that is 100% true and scary, at least to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNezTsrCY0Q
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Whoever is "the man behind the curtain" in the Zeigeist movie needs to take a lesson from these seed companies! They're already half-way to world domination, without false religions, staged terrorist attacks, false wars, microchip implants, or scamming the government out of all it's money with a diabolical "federal reserve bank".

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

kimokalihi wrote:
Imprezive wrote:umm yes.
?
I'm as cynical as they come. I feel like those 2 hours would be better spent reflecting on your position in the world and where you stand, and how you can make it a better place, not for just yourself, but for those around you. And those around the world.

The truth is, you'll never know the truth. I hate it but that's how it is.

this quote may be cliche but its legit: "be the change you want to see in the world"
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

brand wrote:
Also, they use the word "artivist"... that word makes me want to punch a hippy.
I like to punch Hippies! :shock:
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

just watched the second one, shit more intense than the first
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Do you mean the one I posted. Yeah, it's scary shit.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

No I think he means Zeitgeist Addendum. The one I posted. It's about economics. Or maybe he watched Endgame. Or maybe he did watch the one you posted. I'm about to watch yours.

I realize though that you have to take these things with a grain of salt. After watching all these I just feel confused and lied to. The problem is, you don't know who's lieing to you. These guys or the government, or the banking cartel, or all of them? Once you watch enough of these you start to not trust anyone anymore.

I do believe the stuff on the federal reserve though. Why do you think Ron Paul got almost no media coverage? Why do you think most of the people who voted had no idea who he was? Yet, when you watch him talk about the problems we have in this country, it's obvious he was the only one fit for the job.

Kinda makes you not want to have kids after realizing what goes on and the direction we're heading in as a society.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

The vid I posted a link to wasn't about the government per se. It's about the recklessness with which we pursue half-proven science. It's amazing to me that technologies that come from war morph into other technologies that we often still use in an aggressive way. It's almost like the spirit with which something is initially created follows it in all it's permutations.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS