Replace hoses going to the boost solenoid

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ericem
Fifth Gear

Replace hoses going to the boost solenoid

Post by ericem »

Anyone replaced them before? I noticed when I took apart my intake, the hoses going from the boost solenoid, to the watergate actuator was very loose and probably not making a very good seal, there was another hose below it same thing. Maybe I should replace them?? I guess just get vacuum hose?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Yeah, just get new vacuum hoses. Take the old hoses to the auto parts store with you so you can make sure to get the right diameter hose.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Primeza
In Neutral

Post by Primeza »

Also be aware that one of the hoses contains a restrictor pill. I believe it is the one that goes from the bottom of the solenoid to the intake plenum.
92 Legacy TW - 225k and counting
xbn377
First Gear

Post by xbn377 »

I replaced a lot of vacuum hoses by just getting a set of silicone hoses on ebay and it was about 20 dollars and i would say its well worth it because you have plenty left over and you can cut them to the length you need them. It also dresses up your engine bay, give it some character lol.
Shawn

91 Legacy SS AT
93 Legacy L Wagon

To get your hands on superior lubricant products from AMSOIL utilize the following url:

http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1819626&page=store