WTB - Complete EJ20G swap

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Fkyx
Third Gear

WTB - Complete EJ20G swap

Post by Fkyx »

My EJ22T bit the dust in November. Looking for a complete swap over to an EJ20G to hold me over until I can buy new internals for the EJ22T. Engine from a GC8 is preferable.

I can probably work out a pick up if it's in Oregon or NorCal.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Check e-Bay. My friend got his EJ20G from some company on there and it came with a tranny and the ECU and complete, uncut wire harness for around $1,000 shipped.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

I would look for a JDM engine importer. You can get the complete longblock or even whole front clip shipped to you on a pallet. Just do a google search there's a ton of these importers and you can check their inventory online and even get pictures of the merchandise.

I'll just say that from my EJ20G experience getting parts for them is a pain. There's a lot of stuff that is real hard to get like valve cover gaskets and I had to pay PREMIUM to get them and my car was sitting torn apart for months because of it.
-Doug Wilson
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Thanks guys. I've been tapping into these resources since November, and thus far have found no luck. Just hoping this may be another option for me.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

If you get desperate enough to pick up something from SoCal, I have a really clean *LEGACY* EJ20G. Not your first choice, but let me know if you get "to that point".

I will not ship, however. It was a hassle getting it here, and I prefer not to go through that again.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

I got the Legacy EJ20G in my Legacy, it's sweet because it's an engine swap that is technically stock. That's what you can tell people when they ask what you've got... :)
-Doug Wilson
Legacy294
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Legacy294 »

Hey Matt,

Think we've talked on the phone and via email a couple of times about this..once I saw you were in K Falls.

I have a line on a complete 20g that can ship next week, as well as a twin turbo Ej20 if you haven't found anything yet..

LMK if you're still looking.

Barrett-
www.allwheelsdriven.net
'96 GF/STi Rally wagon, under construction

If it's mechanical, it WILL break...
www.allwheelsdriven.net
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

GodSquadMandrake wrote:I would look for a JDM engine importer. You can get the complete longblock or even whole front clip shipped to you on a pallet. Just do a google search there's a ton of these importers and you can check their inventory online and even get pictures of the merchandise.

I'll just say that from my EJ20G experience getting parts for them is a pain. There's a lot of stuff that is real hard to get like valve cover gaskets and I had to pay PREMIUM to get them and my car was sitting torn apart for months because of it.
There is a list of parts# for EJ20G items that crossover with US parts on Rs25. Just about everything has a US x-over part....

Rallispec got me a set of H/G's for a EJ20G in a day (ordered on Thurs arrived on Fri!).... Cost was thirty something $$'s each.

I actually had the part # for the H/Gs & sent it to subarugenuineparts to check fit but instead of useful info i got a smart ass we don't have JDM parts here stupid answer, when they in fact did have the part & were just not willing to check fit.
I'll never order ANYTHING from SGP again.

Rallispec = the best!!!!

+1 on e-bay - you'll get a complete swap with trans harness everything for the price you may pay for just a longblock/engine swap in some areas. The EJ20G will run well on SS ECU/Wiring/Sensors if you feel lazy & just want to plop a motor in your car.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
Legacy294
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Legacy294 »

BXSS wrote:
GodSquadMandrake wrote:I would look for a JDM engine importer. You can get the complete longblock or even whole front clip shipped to you on a pallet. Just do a google search there's a ton of these importers and you can check their inventory online and even get pictures of the merchandise.

There is a list of parts# for EJ20G items that crossover with US parts on Rs25. Just about everything has a US x-over part....

Rallispec got me a set of H/G's for a EJ20G in a day (ordered on Thurs arrived on Fri!).... Cost was thirty something $$'s each.

I actually had the part # for the H/Gs & sent it to subarugenuineparts to check fit but instead of useful info i got a smart ass we don't have JDM parts here stupid answer, when they in fact did have the part & were just not willing to check fit.
I'll never order ANYTHING from SGP again.

Rallispec = the best!!!!

+1 on e-bay - you'll get a complete swap with trans harness everything for the price you may pay for just a longblock/engine swap in some areas. The EJ20G will run well on SS ECU/Wiring/Sensors if you feel lazy & just want to plop a motor in your car.
As far as the JDM engines with harnesses and ECUs go, you can "swap" to that if you want, but they are tuned for better octane fuel than we have in the US, so tend to detonate among other things.

Ideally for a Legacy Turbo to 20g swap, they run great on a USDM ecu. You don't need the JDM ecu to get it to run. It's pretty straightforward as far as swaps go. Also, very reliable and much quicker than with the 2.2 UDSM engine.

Parts can be a bit more difficult to get than for US cars, but there are some things that crossover and can interchange between the US and JDM 2.0s.

Barrett-
www.allwheelsdriven.net
'96 GF/STi Rally wagon, under construction

If it's mechanical, it WILL break...
www.allwheelsdriven.net
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Here is one of the WRX EJ20G part # posts.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.p ... art%23%27s

The EJ20G does run well on the ej22t ECU, just try to avoid the older Legacy EJ20G's as they have an old rocker arm valvetrain.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD