WEIRD ISSUE!!!!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rallyguy_777
First Gear

WEIRD ISSUE!!!!

Post by rallyguy_777 »

please help anybody!!

So, a few weeks ago i came out of classes to my 93 legacy adn i found a nice swimming pool in my passenger side foot well. When I say swimming pool, I mean literally 2'' of water sitting in a pool there. I got all the water out, dried the carpet and cleaned out the sunroof drain that I think was the culprite and went to put it all back together and when I started it, a few weird things happened:

-none of the dash lights went on when I turned the key

-none of the heat/fan/A/c/ or nything to do with climate control works

-None of the dash lights still work

- the regular running lights don't work anymore, only the driving lights, as well as not being alble to flash the highbeams by pulling the lever towards you, but they work when you push it forward.

-The tach and engine temp gauges don't work if the headlights are on.

-windos do not work, and of course they are down...

I have driven the car after I dried it out the past few weeks, I jsut needed to get he final little bit of dampness out of the carpet this weekend, so I took the seat out and pulled u[p the carpet. I didnt take off any of the ground wires/connectors. the only thing that I touched to do with electrical is the high/low boost switch I have in the cabin from my boost controller. I changed the switch from a "lit-when-on" switch to a metal on/off switch.

I am at a loss as to how so many weird things could go on all at once...........

Just a thoghut as to what could be worng: What does the box under the pasenger seat do?? could it have been cooked by the water adn jsut now F****ed off??

Any suggestions would be amazing, otherwise I might have to get a priest over to perfom and exercism on the car...
Massimo Narini

93 legacy Turbo (aka Gracie)
-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

The box under the seat is for the ABS. Did you check the fuses on the driver side? as well as under the hood? Hopefully things up there did not get all soaked.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

ericem wrote:The box under the seat is for the ABS. Did you check the fuses on the driver side? as well as under the hood? Hopefully things up there did not get all soaked.

I checked all of the fuses, under the hood and in the driver side foot well, all seemed good and the water only was on the passenger side.... quite the mystery.
Massimo Narini

-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

problem fixed! Wired up the boost controller switch wrong aparently, and that screwed all that stuff up. Little things sometimes have big reprecusion....
Massimo Narini